Add submit button both at the top page and bottom of the page | XM Community
Solved

Add submit button both at the top page and bottom of the page

Badge +2

Hello Community,
Is it possible to add submit button both at the top page and bottom of survey summary

icon

Best answer by Deepak 22 February 2023, 18:18

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

ricsdpl
If you want it on all pages in your survey you can include the below code it in the Header in Look and Feel if on any single page include on that question. For the end of survey summary include in end of survey/summary message.
image.png
Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Deepak, what if I wanted the top and bottom submit button in summary survey page. How I can do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

ricsdpl
By survey summary I believe you are referring to the image I included show response summary right?
You can include the script in the source of the message which you will include on that page.
image.pngimage.png
Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Deepak, Thank you for response however I followed the step you instructed but this is what I got
image.png

Badge +2

And about the bottom submit button is back to as a "next button" that supposed to be a submit button labeled
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51426#Comment_51426Click the source on end of the survey message and add it there not directly in message. You should see the below button while creating a message click there.
image.png
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51427#Comment_51427Include the entire below code for "submit" and duplicate buttons

Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Deepak, how can I rename this as submit button?
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Include the code I mentioned above, mentioning again:

Badge +2

Deepak, thank you and it works the top submit button is already renamed as submit button but also how can I change the bottom submit button also
Top Submit Button (it works)
image.png
Bottom Submit Button (how to rename it as well)
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51437#Comment_51437use this

Badge +2

Thank you Deepak!

Badge

HI Deepak,
I used the JavaScript you shared and the submit shows on the last page; however, so does the next button. How can I edit the JavaScript to only show the new script you provided and not along with the default of system. Thanks
2023-02-22_11-03-07.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/55692#Comment_55692If I understand correctly, you need it in header and not the actual default one. You can do it by changing a few lines of code from the top. The ready function keep that the same.
document.querySelectorAll("#NextButton")[0].value = "Submit";
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
 /*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/
  jQuery("#Buttons").clone(true).appendTo("#Header");
document.querySelectorAll("#NextButton")[1].hide();
});
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Deepak,

I used the original code you shared in this thread in the source of an End of Survey message, and it worked just as expected. Thank you! However, now I can’t get it to work correctly in other surveys.

<script>
{
jQuery("#Buttons").clone().appendTo("#Header");

});</script>

I tried to use the same End of Survey message from my Library, which includes the code, in another survey. However, the buttons do not appear at the top of the Response Summary in the second survey like they do in the first one. I’ve also tried using the same code above in a new EOS message, but that doesn’t work as expected either.

Is there something in the second survey that could be interfering with the code here? Both surveys use the same theme and look and feel settings, so I’m really at a loss to understand why the code works in one but not the other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Deepak,

I used the original code you shared in this thread in the source of an End of Survey message, and it worked just as expected. Thank you! However, now I can’t get it to work correctly in other surveys.

<script>
{
jQuery("#Buttons").clone().appendTo("#Header");

});</script>

I tried to use the same End of Survey message from my Library, which includes the code, in another survey. However, the buttons do not appear at the top of the Response Summary in the second survey like they do in the first one. I’ve also tried using the same code above in a new EOS message, but that doesn’t work as expected either.

Is there something in the second survey that could be interfering with the code here? Both surveys use the same theme and look and feel settings, so I’m really at a loss to understand why the code works in one but not the other.

Just for the record, I figured out the reason why it didn’t work in the second survey: the Page Transition was set to “Fade”. In the first survey this was set to “None”. Once I changed this setting to “None” in the second survey, the buttons appeared at the top.

Leave a Reply