Adding a clickable button. If clicked, it should change the survey flow . | XM Community
Solved

Adding a clickable button. If clicked, it should change the survey flow .

• 12 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to add a clickable button/link in the middle of a question. If clicked, it should change the survey flow . For example, bring to (customized) 'End of Survey'.
For example:

If you have found a discrepancy/error within the form, or if you believe that the form is malfunctioning in any way, please notify webadmin  
button>. Your message will be promptly reviewed and the form will be updated as nessesary.

bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla
bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla
bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla
I understand that it could simply be an email address URL. But I need to have a clickable button or link, which will change the survey flow,

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 14 February 2021, 12:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did I put my question in a wrong thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There are several threads on the forum related to end survey buttons. Have you tried them?

Userlevel 3
Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/34479#Comment_34479Ending the survey is just one of many possible scenarios . My question is about changing the survey flow in general if the button is clicked

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Then the answer would depend on the kind of change you are looking for. Based on your requirements you could use skip logic, table of contents or branch logic.
If its just about creating a clickable button/link then, Google creating an HTML button or hyperlinks and paste that into your question HTML. However, to get some help about what you want to get done, you'll have to be more specific.

Userlevel 3
Badge

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/34483#Comment_34483If the 'notify webadmin' is clicked, the survey should jump to a special block, which includes a question with text entry and is followed by a customized survey exit. The block will not be the part of the normal survey flow.
The design and visual appearance of the button does not matter. It can be just a clickable link. However, it will be located in the middle of the question, not the end. See below the question text with the button/link:
"If you have found a discrepancy/error within the form, or if you believe that the form is malfunctioning in any way, please notify webadmin . Your message will be promptly reviewed and the form will be updated as nessesary. Bla-bla-bla"

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

By clicking a button, you could set an embedded data. Then you could use branch logic to change where the respondent goes based on that data. The support pages have details on both.
A simple implementation of that would go something like this:
Question HTML:

If you have found a discrepancy/error within the form, or if you believe that the form is malfunctioning in any way, please  . Your message will be promptly reviewed and the form will be updated as nessesary. Bla-bla-bla

Question JS:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function () {
    this.getQuestionContainer().querySelector(
        "#notify_admin"
    ).onclick = function () {
        Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData("notify",true);
    };
});
The
notify 
embedded data will be set to true only if they click the button. You can then branch off it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

> By clicking a button, you could set an embedded data. 
> Then you could use branch logic to change where the respondent
> goes based on that data.
>
Let's say the question with

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I would recommend going through the branch logic support page. It has answers to these question and also other finer points related to branching.

Leave a Reply