Attendance Tracking with Qualtrics | XM Community
Question

Attendance Tracking with Qualtrics

• 3 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello!!

When attending an event, is there a way to setup a form that can import data from a student’s campus ID card via an old fashioned card swipe? If so, can that date be imported into the Canvas LMS?

This can be done using excel/SQL, but I am looking for an efficient solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Unless if entered manually and stored in database, I don’t think Qualtrics can save ID data automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

If I'm understanding it correctly, you want to populated the student data respective to their SId. Right?

Badge +2

Hello, Gentleman.

Apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner.

What I need is their data from their ID card (name and identification number - with time stamp) to be dumped into an excel file. If possible, I need the data to be uploaded to Canvas, but I can deal with that later. I read something about survey flow. Would that need to be something I should look at?

Jason

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@jjohnston If you want data to be pulled from a master database then you can use the Authenticator to populate the data. Let me know if that’s not the case.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@rgupta15 is there a way to pull the data from SSO system (CAS).  We are looking for the same information that @jjohnston was looking for.

Leave a Reply