Add ability to choose which columns are exported as numeric values or choice text | XM Community

Add ability to choose which columns are exported as numeric values or choice text

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

This is related to 

I’d like a way to export responses with certain columns being numeric values and certain columns being choice text. Currently, the only way I know how to do this is to export the data as both numeric values only and choice text only, then manually splicing together the columns I want.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unfortunately, there is no such option available for data export. But you can utilize the embedded data.

Whichever column you feel you need in numeric value then store the recode value in the embedded data likewise for any column you like to have a text then store the answer in the different embedded data. But this exercise you can do before launch, else you will have to update the embedded data for already recorded response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Unfortunately, there is no such option available for data export. But you can utilize the embedded data.

Whichever column you feel you need in numeric value then store the recode value in the embedded data likewise for any column you like to have a text then store the answer in the different embedded data. But this exercise you can do before launch, else you will have to update the embedded data for already recorded response.

On addition to this, we can aslo use Bucketing to create new variables which will work in post launch as well.

Leave a Reply