Pipe embedded data in as answer choice options? | XM Community
Solved

Pipe embedded data in as answer choice options?

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Is there a way I can use the embedded data I have in my contacts to display as answer choices? Trying to find a better way to edit answer choices. I'd love to be able to pipe in a particular embedded data field so that it displays as the answer choices for the survey question. I'm just now trying to learn how to code and I'm guessing java script might be the best way to do this but again, I'm absolutely ignorant as to where to start. Is there someone I can pay to help me with this or a course I can learn how to edit answer choices that update from a list instead of typing them all in one by one? Any direction at all would be greatly appreciated at this point.

icon

Best answer by JaimeV 3 September 2021, 13:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

You can insert parts of previous answers in a question by selecting the "Rich text" option and then click on "insert piped text" (the button looks like this: {a})
No code involved there.

Badge +3

I think I was getting confused with how to say what I was trying to do here. I have a csv list of courses, I want the answer choices to be populated by this list of courses instead of me having to copy/paste into the answer choices. That way, I can update the list as necessary instead of updating the survey answer choices directly. This is where I thought I'd be able to pipe in the answer choices. Maybe I'm thinking about it completely wrong and I apologize for not wording my questions very logically. Your time is very much appreciated. 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello again. It is possible in the options too. Just click on one option and click on the arrow next to it. Then you can select embedded data.
image.png

Leave a Reply