Shared View of Projects throwing me for a loop | XM Community

Shared View of Projects throwing me for a loop

Badge +1

I spent years using Qualtrics before I realized it, but the default view of my projects only shows those “shared with me”, which is not a great experience. Whenever I created a project and went straight back to my project view to look for it, it was always missing. I thought I had the worst memory ever or I was cursed! Turns out, a project I created can’t be shared with myself, so my projects never showed up in my default project view.

I strongly recommend Qualtrics change the default view from just those that are shared with me to one with all projects and programs. This would lead to less disorientation when someonme creates a project and then goes back into Qualtrics the next week to access it. It would help new Qualtrics users get their bearings instead of feeling totally lost.

Change the default view of projects from this (“Where’s my ‘Aspen Experience’ project I just created? I’m disoriented and losing track of what’s going on!”:

To this (“I see the ‘Aspen Experience’ project I just created as I would expect, life is good and I can continue in my work”):

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello, Sofie! This is a great callout and this feature could be very beneficial to set up as a default. I have not found a setting to configure this; however, you could submit a feature request to have the option to have that be the default! Note, the feature request portal is temporarily unavailable but documentation states it will be up and running again later this month.

I have been playing around in the platform and my initial tests make it look like Qualtrics will show you either “Shared with Me” or “Projects and Programs” depending on what you most recently selected. So, when I clicked on “Shared with Me” and then navigated to another part of the platform, and then went back, it went to “Shared with Me”. The same result happened when I tried it with “Projects and Programs”. 

Can you confirm if this is the case for you as well? My hope is that if you select Projects and Programs, going forward that will be the default. However, it sounds like it may not be doing that for you since you are constantly having to go manually select it.

Let me know and I hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Wow I didnt realized this until you bring it up. Thanks this is a great suggestion 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Sofie Gogic If you haven't already, I’d recommend posting this in on Evolve, our new product ideation program. 😁 If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our Product Ideation Overview and our Create an Idea post.

Leave a Reply