💡 Create an Idea | Evolve

• 16 June 2023
  • 6 replies
💡 Create an Idea | Evolve
Badge +48

To create an Idea, you must…

1 | Navigate to Evolve

1. Click “Ideas” in the top navigation of the XM Community to access Evolve
  2. Read this post, the Product Ideation Overview | Evolve post, and the instructions under the header “Evolve” before accessing the Evolve table

Note

If you are unable to view the Evolve table, your device security settings are likely blocking third-party scripts and ads. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do to prevent this, as we cannot influence customer device security settings. We recommend you either access Evolve on a personal device to submit ideas, or that you contact your AE or CSM to submit ideas on your behalf. If you would like, one of our Admins would be happy to contact your account team on your behalf. We apologize for the inconvenience and value your ideas. 

2 | Search for an Idea

1. In the Evolve table, click the search box below the text “Search Ideas”
  2. Enter the text you feel describes your idea
  3. Above the search box, you will see text that says “Status.” Select the Idea status you would like to filter by. Options include:
    • Open | This idea is under review
    • Moving Forward | We are working on this idea
    • Not Moving Forward | This idea will not be developed
    • Revisit in Future | This idea will be revisited in 9-12 months or the next planning cycle, depending on ideation volume
    • Delivered | We built and published your idea
    • Capability Exists | This is an existing product feature
  4. Above the Search box, you will see text that says “Filter by Product Line” Select the product line you would like to filter by. Options include:
    • Brand Program
    • Customer/Frontline Program
    • CrossXM Program
    • Employee Program
    • Research Program
    • Qualtrics Software Platform
  5. If the idea you are seeking already exists, upvote the idea by clicking the heart “💜” button in the “Add Your Vote” column of the row of your desired idea. 
    • Note

Evolve takes an hour to process a new upvote. If you refresh your browser or access Evolve from a new browser within 1 hour of submitting an upvote, your upvote will not be reflected in the Evolve table. An hour after your submission, the Evolve table will update to reflect your upvote.

Note

Searching for a product idea using the XM Community search functionality is no longer viable. If you would like to search for an existing product idea, you must do so within the Coda iframe in the Evolve category where it says “Search Ideas.”

3 | Create a Product Idea

1. In the Evolve table, click the button “Submit New Idea Here”
  2. Fill out the form in the new browser tab
    • Explain your rationale and need for the request in detail – this helps the product managers review and prioritize ideas
    • Note

If you are a member of the Qualtrics Partner Network (QPN), please respond to the form question “What is your customer’s primary role” with one of the two answer choices below:

• Partner developing on Q Platform
      • Partner on behalf of Q Customer 
  3. Click the “Submit” button
    • Once an idea is submitted, it will take up to 72+ hours to be live, as the idea needs to be triaged and assigned an initial status

Note

Creating a product idea directly in the XM Community is no longer viable. If you would like to create a product idea, you must do so within the Evolve table by clicking the Green button that says “Submit New Idea Here.”

4 | Track an Idea’s status

1. You can track an idea’s progression through the review // development process using statuses in the Evolve table. These statuses can be found in the “Idea Status” column of the table.  Idea statuses include:

• Open | This idea is under review
    • Moving Forward | We are working on this idea
    • Revisit in Future | This idea will be revisited in 9-12 months or the next planning cycle, depending on ideation volume
    • Not Moving Forward | This idea will not be developed
    • Delivered | We have built and published your idea
    • Capability Exists | This is an existing product feature

Note 

Idea status updates vary by volume; we cannot guarantee that every idea will be reviewed by the Product Managers. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing your innovative ideas!

FAQ

1. How do I keep track of statuses?

• We encourage you to make a note of the ideas you submit for tracking purposes! Utilizing the Coda search bar will allow you to find your idea after it has been reviewed. (72+ hour timeline)
  2. Do I need a Coda account to submit an idea?

• No, you do not! Click on the green “Submit New Idea” button in the Evolve Coda table to submit your idea.
  3. Can I comment directly on ideas?

• No, members can only post new ideas, or upvote them.
  4. I posted my idea, but I don’t see it in the Evolve Coda table. What should I do?

• We have a 72+ hour timeline to review ideas and deduplicate requests. We appreciate your patience. Once your idea is reviewed, it will display in the table. 
    • If it has been well over 72+ hours and you still don’t see your idea, your idea is not detailed enough. If an idea is not detailed enough, it will be deleted. Please resubmit the idea with more details.
  5. Why haven’t I seen my idea’s status change status?

• We cannot guarantee that each idea gets reviewed, but the Product Managers will make an effort to review your ideas. We value your time and input on providing your creative and innovative ideas!
  6. I upvoted an idea, but I don’t see the upvote. What should I do?

• You should wait one hour to see an update in the upvote count. 
  7. I accidentally submitted an idea without enough details, what should I do?

• We will delete the initial idea. Please resubmit the idea with more details.
  8. How can I share an existing idea with a colleague so they can also upvote it?  

• In each idea row there is a unique EV-Idea Number specific to that idea. You can share the EV-Idea Number with a colleague. They can then search for an idea by EV-Idea Number using the small search bar on the right hand side of the Evolve table. 
  9. What is the difference between the two different search bars in the Evolve Coda table?

• Large Search Bar: Search the “De Duped Ideas” column by keyword.
    • Small Search Bar: Search the table by Idea ID, Product Line, and Idea Status.
  10. How do I share feedback for the Evolve program?

11. I have questions that aren’t listed in the FAQ. How do I ask them?

•  Please, reach out to us at: evolve-pxm@qualtrics.com.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am stuck in a navigation loop from this article. Where is the Evolve table to actually search for and submit ideas? -- edit: nevermind, found it back under the other main page 

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

Hi team, I upvoted a bunch of ideas yesterday (catching up on lost time from when we had no option for product ideas!) but I have noticed today that half of the votes haven’t appeared and I definitely haven’t gotten as many emails as I expected. Do I really have to keep track of all the Idea IDs and just keep upvoting every day until it “sticks”? Or is this just going to mean I give multiple upvotes to the same idea (I mean I’m fine with adding extra weight behind the really important ones but I don’t think that’s the way the system is meant to work)?

Or is there a way for someone to actually look at the activity and confirm which ones did (and didn’t) work?

Badge +48

@ashleigh_quaill 

I can confirm that all of your upvotes were recorded and that you were sent the expected quantity of emails. Thank you for your valuable feedback as we improve our services and products. Please only upvote once per idea as we will only count one upvote per customer. We collect identifying information upon upvote submission for that reason and to encourage conscious upvoting. Thank you so much for using Evolve 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge

Instructions for Evolve are horrible.  I cannot even find the table.  It should not take this long to submit an idea.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am stuck in a navigation loop from this article. Where is the Evolve table to actually search for and submit ideas? -- edit: nevermind, found it back under the other main page 

Same issue, but still can’t find it

Badge +48

Hi @MistyProck! I just privately messaged you about your experience and potential solutions, but I wanted to comment here in case anyone else runs into this issue. 

Some customers have organizational device settings that block third-party scripts and pop-ups. As a result, they are unable to view the Evolve table.

In the event anyone is unable to access Evolve, we suggest either accessing Evolve on a personal device to submit ideas, or that you contact your AE or CSM to submit ideas on your behalf. If you would like, one of our Admins would be happy to contact your account team on your behalf. 

Additionally, our team updated the above documentation to include this information, under the “1 | Navigate to Evolve” section

Leave a Reply