💡 Product Ideation Overview | Evolve | XM Community

💡 Product Ideation Overview | Evolve

• 16 June 2023
  • 23 replies
💡 Product Ideation Overview | Evolve
Badge +48

Evolve

Evolve is the brand new Qualtrics product ideation program, powered by you, our customers. Through Evolve you can submit product ideas, (suggested enhancements to existing Qualtrics products and functionality), and track their status in the Qualtrics product development process.

Prior to Evolve, product ideas had to be created in the XM Community Ideation category, reviewed by Community moderators, upvoted by a critical mass of community members, and then input manually into a data platform to be shared with Qualtrics product managers.

Now, customers can share product feature suggestions directly with our product managers, right here in the XM Community. Through Evolve, we have expedited the ideation process, while increasing customer visibility into an idea or feature’s status.

Ideas

Product “Ideas” are suggested enhancements to existing Qualtrics products and functionality.

Upvoting

An “Upvote” is a digital representation of your desire for a product idea to be implemented. In Evolve, upvotes are represented by the red heart icon in the “Add Your Vote” column of the row of an idea. 

You can upvote an idea once the idea has been created in Evolve. The more upvotes an idea receives, the more weight and priority the idea is given when reviewed by Qualtrics product managers. 

Expectations

Product ideas that were previously submitted through the former Ideation category were reviewed and triaged by our internal teams. The most in-demand ideas were included in Evolve and can be found through the Coda search functionality. 

We are not able to guarantee the implementation of all ideas. Qualtrics owns all rights, titles, and interests in regard to all suggestions, ideas, enhancements, requests, feedback, and recommendations provided by you to Qualtrics.

We cannot guarantee that all ideas will be reviewed, as the product managers are working diligently to plan all Qualtrics product roadmaps, and ideation volume varies. Qualtrics is under no commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality.

Processes

Once an idea is created, it will be reviewed by a product team member who will determine if the idea is a duplicate. The idea will not be visible in Coda for 72+ hours until it has been validated as a non-duplicate. 

Due to varying ideation volume, we cannot guarantee that every idea will be validated as a non-duplicate within 72+ hours of creation. We appreciate your patience!

If the idea is not a duplicate, a product manager will assign a status describing its current stage & development progress. 

Idea statuses:

• Open | This idea is under review
  • Moving Forward | We are working on this idea
  • Revisit in Future | This idea will be revisited in 9-12 months or the next planning cycle, depending on ideation volume
  • Not Moving Forward | This idea will not be developed
  • Delivered | We have built and published your idea
  • Capability Exists | This is an existing product feature

Best practices 

• Ensure what you’ve submitted is not a duplicate of other requests by first searching for your idea
  • Explain your rationale and need for the request - this helps the product managers review
  • Wait 72+ hours before your idea shows in the Evolve table – our team must first validate that the idea is not a duplicate or existing idea

Note

Searching for a product idea using the XM Community search functionality is no longer viable. If you would like to search for an existing product idea, you must do so within the Evolve category where it says “Search Ideas.”

Creating a product idea directly in the XM Community is no longer viable. If you would like to create a product idea, you must do so within Evolve category by clicking the Green button that says “Submit New Idea Here.”

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi, I have some practical questions:

• Can you sort the ideas, i.e. by most votes, or creation date (new ideas)? 
  • Can you see a larger description of an idea somewhere? The “De duped ideas” column is quite … condensed.
  • How can I see which ideas I already voted for?
  • How can I link to one specific idea to send to a colleague so they can also vote on it?
  • Can you comment on the ideas? Or request info from admins somehow? There are ideas on status “capability exists” that I would very much like to know how exactly, like “ability to publish dashboard private pages as public pages”. 
  • I had some ideas on the old platform with lots of votes, but I can’t seem to find them back. There was one about authorisations, that it’s currently very confusing for admins that authorisations can be set on User Type, Group type, Divisions, and Individual level. 
  • It takes an hour to process a vote, but how long does it take for a new idea to appear? I submitted one but the confirmation page just sais thank you, no ID or link to the idea or something, and I also can’t seem to find it back.
Badge +48

Hi Joyca! Thank you so much for reaching out and providing feedback, we really appreciate it. Below, are the answers to your questions.

• Can you sort the ideas, i.e. by most votes, or creation date (new ideas)?
    • No, you cannot sort by the variables you listed. However, you can search for ideas within the Coda table and filter your search by "Product" and "Status."
  • Can you see a larger description of an idea somewhere? The “De duped ideas” column is quite … condensed.
    • Thank you for the feedback on idea descriptions. Currently, the only available descriptions are the "De duped ideas." For additional context, the descriptions are typically customer generated. 
  • How can I see which ideas I already voted for?  
    • Unfortunately, there currently is no existing Coda functionality allowing members visibility into which ideas they have upvoted. 
  • How can I link to one specific idea to send to a colleague so they can also vote on it?  
    • In each idea row there is a unique EV-Idea Number specific to that idea. You can share the EV-Idea Number with a colleague. They can then search for an idea by EV-Idea Number using the small search bar on the right hand side of the Evolve table. 
  • Can you comment on the ideas? Or request info from admins somehow? There are ideas on status “capability exists” that I would very much like to know how exactly, like “ability to publish dashboard private pages as public pages”.
    • While you cannot comment on ideas or request more information from Admins, you may contact our support team for questions regarding existing functionality. Additionally, whenever possible, a support page will be included in the "Support Link" column. 
  • I had some ideas on the old platform with lots of votes, but I can’t seem to find them back. There was one about authorisations, that it’s currently very confusing for admins that authorisations can be set on User Type, Group type, Divisions, and Individual level.
    • As explained in the "Expectations" section of the above post, product ideas that were previously submitted through the former Ideation category were reviewed and triaged by our internal teams. The most in-demand ideas were included in Evolve and can be found through the Coda search functionality. If an idea you are looking for one isn't there, feel free to resubmit the idea!
  • It takes an hour to process a vote, but how long does it take for a new idea to appear? I submitted one but the confirmation page just says thank you, no ID or link to the idea or something, and I also can’t seem to find it back.”
    • Once an idea is created, it will be reviewed by a product team member who will determine if the idea is a duplicate. The idea will not be visible in Coda for 72+ hours until it has been validated as a non-duplicate. The team managing Evolve will investigate Coda confirmation messaging capabilities to improve your experience! 
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Is there a way for this platform to not require us to submit the same information over and over (such as our email and role?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Thank you for your replies @AmaraW .

Can we also submit ideas about the Evolve platform? 😁 as quite some of my questions were answered with “this is not possible in Evolve/Coda”. Especially the not being able to sort on “new ideas” and “top voted ideas” makes it quite hard for ideas to actually be found, except if you are explicitly searching for something specific. I personally like going through new and top ideas to be… call it inspired :) for ideas that I agree with and add my vote.

Also, if I cannot see what I already voted for, what would happen if I accidentally vote for the same idea twice?

Badge +48

@JoycaV Anytime!
As we don't have influence over Coda's functionality, we, unfortunately, cannot accept Product Ideas specific to Coda. However, if you’d like to submit feedback about Evolve, you may do so via our Evolve Feedback survey 😁. When you upvote or submit an idea, you should receive an email that includes access to the feedback survey. This feedback goes directly to the Evolve team. Thank you for your participation in Evolve!

Badge +48

@EmilyErickson Unfortunately, the platform requires idea submitters to input information on every upvote to ensure data quality and conscious voting. We appreciate your patience for this inconvenience!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@EmilyErickson Unfortunately, the platform requires idea submitters to input information on every upvote to ensure data quality and conscious voting. We appreciate your patience for this inconvenience!

Got it. Makes sense. Thanks for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@AmaraW , 8 or 9 days ago I submitted an idea regarding Creatives that are Passive, such as a Feedback button, that count as an interaction (even when not clicked) when they are identified using the XM Directory connection, and therefore due to the frequency limits actually block every other survey.

I still cannot find the idea in the list.

I also did not receive any update mail after the “thank you for submitting an idea” mail (which is btw the same mail that I get for posting ideas as for voting for ideas). 

Could you help to find out where that idea has gone to?

Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@AmaraW , 8 or 9 days ago I submitted an idea regarding Creatives that are Passive, such as a Feedback button, that count as an interaction (even when not clicked) when they are identified using the XM Directory connection, and therefore due to the frequency limits actually block every other survey.

I still cannot find the idea in the list.

I also did not receive any update mail after the “thank you for submitting an idea” mail (which is btw the same mail that I get for posting ideas as for voting for ideas). 

Could you help to find out where that idea has gone to?

Thank you. 

same-- I can’t see my submissions in the list

Badge +48

@EmilyErickson & @JoycaV Hi there! I am so sorry about your experience submitting and tracking ideas. Thank you so much for sharing this incredibly valuable feedback. I would like to assure you that we relayed this feedback to our Evolve team. As soon as I have more information, I will follow-up here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@EmilyErickson & @JoycaV Hi there! I am so sorry about your experience submitting and tracking ideas. Thank you so much for sharing this incredibly valuable feedback. I would like to assure you that we relayed this feedback to our Evolve team. As soon as I have more information, I will follow-up here. 

It may be really great to get the ability to check on feedback submitted or to add a field of  “submitted by.”  If my feedback is up there, I truthfully am not sure I’d be able to find it.

Badge +48

Hi there @EmilyErickson & @JoycaV! Below are the EV#s for your ideas. You can search for an idea by EV# using the small search bar to the right of the green "Submit New Idea Here" button in the Evolve table.

• JoycaV:
    • EV-1564
    • EV-1518
  • EmilyErickson:
    • EV-1519
    • EV-1521

Additionally, to clear up any confusion surrounding when you should receive an email, I outlined the process in chronological order, below.

1. A community member submits a Product Idea.
  2. A community member receives an e-mail confirming Idea submission.
  3. The Product Idea displays in Evolve within approximately 72+ hours of creation and is assigned an initial status of "Open."
  4. Once product management reviews the idea, its status will be updated. We cannot guarantee that all ideas will be reviewed, as the Product Managers are working diligently to plan the roadmaps, and ideation volume varies. Unfortunately, no e-mail will be sent when the status is updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @AmaraW 

I can find back EV-1564,

However I cannot find back EV-1518.

In fact, I cannot find back a whole range of ideas around that number.

Last one I can see is EV-1514 and everything before that,

next I can see is EV-1546 and everything after that.

But everything in between those two numbers does not appear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@AmaraW , I also noticed the description of Idea EV-1564  became something totally different than what I originally described. The description in the voting list is now “Ability for surveys to create branches in a survey flow versus one linear flow.”. However my description was much longer. And my idea is NOT about creating branches in a survey flow. That is already possible. The idea is about creating branches in a workflow. Because workflows currenly only allow for one linear flow, and it is not possible to create branches or if/else paths.

Badge +48

@JoycaV Thank you so much for clarifying and providing this feedback. The Evolve team is looking into the issues you are experiencing. I will get back to you with an update as soon as I have one. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@AmaraW  I tried searching as noted and neither is visible

Badge +48

@EmilyErickson @JoycaV The Evolve team just heard back from Coda. Currently, Coda is encountering data syncing issues, which their engineers are working to resolve. I will follow-up with updates as soon as I have any! We are so sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this has caused. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@EmilyErickson @JoycaV The Evolve team just heard back from Coda. Currently, Coda is encountering data syncing issues, which their engineers are working to resolve. I will follow-up with updates as soon as I have any! We are so sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this has caused. 

Thanks for the update

Badge +48

@AmaraW, I also noticed the description of Idea EV-1564  became something totally different than what I originally described. The description in the voting list is now “Ability for surveys to create branches in a survey flow versus one linear flow.”. However my description was much longer. And my idea is NOT about creating branches in a survey flow. That is already possible. The idea is about creating branches in a workflow. Because workflows currenly only allow for one linear flow, and it is not possible to create branches or if/else paths.

Hi Joyca, thank you for passing on that feedback. The Evolve team contacted me saying, “We have moved most of your idea into the additional comments section so it doesn’t overwhelm readers. We have edited it to “Ability to create branches in a workflow, right now workflows only allow for one linear flow.” It is important to start ideas with a verb so our reviewers understand. Thank you for your cooperation!” If the new description still doesn’t feel like a good fit for your idea, please let me know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Joyca, thank you for passing on that feedback. The Evolve team contacted me saying, “We have moved most of your idea into the additional comments section so it doesn’t overwhelm readers. We have edited it to “Ability to create branches in a workflow, right now workflows only allow for one linear flow.” It is important to start ideas with a verb so our reviewers understand. Thank you for your cooperation!” If the new description still doesn’t feel like a good fit for your idea, please let me know! 

Thank you, that does sound better 😀

Can that “additional comments” section not be made visible then? I can see a “comments” block exist on the enlarged screen of an idea, but there is nothing there. 

Badge +48

@JoycaV Great, I am so glad 😁

The Evolve team informed me that we, unfortunately, cannot hide the comments box because it is part of the Coda system. Currently, additional comments are only visible to our Evolve admins and product managers. If this functionality changes, we will be sure to let you know!

Badge +48

@JoycaV & @EmilyErickson I’m excited to share that I just received an update from our Evolve team - the data syncing issue is resolved. I was able to successfully search for your 4 ideas, but if you are unable to find them, please let me know! 

Badge

@AmaraW The evolve upvote form page doesn’t appear to be web friendly. My teammates tried it in multiple browsers but either there is a strobing effect with the header image and/or you need to zoom way out to make the form appear correctly. Are there plans to resolve this? Or can we upvote ideas without having to complete an entire form? 

Leave a Reply