Can I set up a staggering sending in Qualtrics? | XM Community
Solved

Can I set up a staggering sending in Qualtrics?

• 24 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61
Hello all experts
We're sending out our Customer Relationship Survey twice per year to a fairly substantial chunk of our customer base.
Upon reviewing the feedback and response rates I found that some of the larger Enterprise Accounts had terrible response rates, given that they were targeted to receive a lot of the Survey invites.
When I dug even deeper in to this I learned that their spam filter had caught 99% of the survey invites (including the reminders).
The Survey invite email goes from a valid DNS record that basically looks like "feedback@company.com".
The emails are all the same apart from the individual Survey link.

One think that I suspect would be an issue is that Company X potentially could get 4000 basically identical survey email invitations in a very short time frame, and that this would trigger the spam filter to go nuts and catch them. Would you agree?

So now my question is: Is there a way for me the plan the time of the distribution of the invitations so that I spread it out in chunks over several hours in order to try and fool the spam filters? So it's be like a staggering roll out of all the invitations.
If so, how do I do that?

Thanks again, and see you at X4 soon!
-Mattias
icon

Best answer by MattiasM 9 November 2021, 11:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I don't think there is a default way to stagger. You could create samples and then manually stagger a distribution to each sample.

Also, I'm sure you have seen but take a look at this article: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/avoid-being-marked-as-spam/

Additionally, we had an issue (it was with internal users for surveys) where when one or two users "marked as spam" our email provider started moving all messages from qualtrics into spam.

Using our own custom from address helped us overcome this internally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +61
> @MattBroffman_Orlando said:
> I don't think there is a default way to stagger. You could create samples and then manually stagger a distribution to each sample.
>
Thanks Matt. Yeah I understand I can probably split the target audience up and trigger the sending manually throughout the day. Would prefer not to though 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Have since learned to Split the List in segments and schedule them on different times during the day. So that solved it 🙂

Leave a Reply