What is something custom or innovative that you would love to see another user build | XM Community

What is something custom or innovative that you would love to see another user build

• 30 November 2017
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @lillianc said:
> How about a question that allows multiple drill downs side by side? Currently you can only have one drill down at a time.

Ooh, an interesting thought. I'll think on this one.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
How about a question that allows multiple drill downs side by side? Currently you can only have one drill down at a time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @MartyK said:
> the ability (I submitted as an enhancement) to "filter" a report on a field. So if we have a field called "department" - looking at the results, I want to be able to change the report to show only the results for a certain department...wait for it....From a drop down (instead of having to create a "permanent" filter or multiple copies of the report. It should be "simple" to do...

Unfortunately this is more of a feature request than something another user of the platform can build 😞
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
the ability (I submitted as an enhancement) to "filter" a report on a field. So if we have a field called "department" - looking at the results, I want to be able to change the report to show only the results for a certain department...wait for it....From a drop down (instead of having to create a "permanent" filter or multiple copies of the report. It should be "simple" to do...
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR as for #2, you're right on — I was envisioning a multiple select (single answer) where they select an item off of the shelf. It's more for UX/simulating a shelf than it would be for any fancy/additional data.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR Here's the thinking behind #1... please excuse the awful ppt drawings — hopefully they'll at least help to visualize.

The goal would be for the axes to almost be like hidden scales, where the programmer can define the meaning of the two ends (maybe something like "Exciting" to "Dull" or "Expensive" to "cheap", etc. etc. ).

The participant would then be able to take the row items (be it brands, attributes, etc.) and "plot" them in the chart. Because the hidden scale points are there, we'd be able to triangulate on the back end where each of the points landed on both scales.

In talking to my analyst here, on the back end, perhaps they are binary vars? Or two sets of scaled vars? Ideally, we'd want something that we could transform for use in a factor analysis.

Let me know if that makes sense.

!

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @RachelTHREE said:
> Thanks, @AnthonyR!
>
> Here's my initial list. More to come...
>
> 1) Quad Chart Plotting - I'd love to have a question type where you (the programmer) can define the two axes and then have participants plot items in that chart.
>
> 2) Some sort of shelf/shopping simulation. I'd love a question type where we would be be able to simulate a shelf so that you can ask participants which item they'd pick/buy and/or notice first... what sticks out to them.
>
> Let me know if these make sense!

For number one, is there any way I can have a visual example of what you're hoping to achieve? And also, what output you would expect to get from this?

For two, this is definitely doable, how would you hope it was implemented? For instance, would you want this to be a "multiple select" question, that places your answers on the shelves to be chosen? Or would you want more info than just what was chosen?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Thanks, @AnthonyR!

Here's my initial list. More to come...

1) Quad Chart Plotting - I'd love to have a question type where you (the programmer) can define the two axes and then have participants plot items in that chart.

2) Some sort of shelf/shopping simulation. I'd love a question type where we would be be able to simulate a shelf so that you can ask participants which item they'd pick/buy and/or notice first... what sticks out to them.

Let me know if these make sense!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @RachelTHREE said:
> Give me a little bit to jot down a list and come back to you... full of ideas, but not the coding experience...yet!

This will be even better because you can use the things I am able to achieve to help learn! I'll do my best to comment my code when working on these things!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Give me a little bit to jot down a list and come back to you... full of ideas, but not the coding experience...yet!

Leave a Reply