Automatically add timing questions | XM Community

Automatically add timing questions

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

It’s relatively common in my space (as far as I can tell) for survey creators to add timing questions to all or most questions they add to their survey. While this is a safe practice, it can be tedious, so it’s usually reserved for the especially neurotic survey creator who is willing to input that effort. 

This seems like an easy thing for Qualtrics to make easy on survey creators. I have two features in mind. First, a simple toggle under “Question type” which says “automatically add timing questions” paired with a “set defaults” button so that creators don’t have to adjust each one.

Do others think this is a useful idea? Is there already a feature like this? 

If it would be useful, are there other question types that would be useful to consider like this? One alternative is to generalize the toggle and have the creator set what type of second question type they want added (e.g., automatically adding a text-based question after a multiple choice one).

I’m curious to hear people’s strategies and ideas!

Nate

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This is an interesting idea! I think it may be hard to have a default setting though because if you’re wanting a “next” page button to appear after watching a video, the amount of time needed will vary widely based on the video’s length. It may be helpful if there was a way for survey creators to create their own default settings though that they can save and apply where applicable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@nfulham If you haven't already, I’d recommend posting this in on Evolve, our new product ideation program. 😁 If you’re not sure how to post your idea, check out our Product Ideation Overview and our Create an Idea post.

Leave a Reply