Custom message not working | XM Community

Custom message not working

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi
I have a custom end of the survey message, however while doing tests i realized that the message i am getting at the end of the survey its the default one.
And i am not being able to find a way to modify that one.

Any suggestions?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Erikahuer
This only happens if you have a skip logic in place or a branch logic in survey flow which overrides the End of Survey Element. Kindly check.
Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Deepak I do have and end of survey element, but there i also have it with the custom message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Erikahuer
Do you mind posting some screenshots to understand better?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Deepak sure.
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 08.57.38.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 08.57.49.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Erikahuer ,
Go to the End of Survey Block at the bottom of your survey (after the last question block), and click on it. On the left, pick Custom and select the EOS message from your library.
image.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

TomG I have it like that, but i'm still getting the default message
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.26.05.png😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/50472#Comment_50472You must have an EOS block in the survey flow that doesn't have customization or the customization is incorrect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have the EOS block :/
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 13.32.07.png

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Were you able to solve this?  I’m running into the same issue, though NONE of my custom message (link expired, end of survey, etc.) are showing; I am only seeing the default text.

Badge

Hi @rbjak  - when viewing your survey, and specifically within the End of Survey Block, if you select the EOS block to make it “active” you should notice that a menu will be available at the left for “Edit end of survey” which will include Messaging options.  Here, you may select Custom from the first drop down option, then within the second drop down menu, you must select the message from your library or create a new one.  

If selecting an already existing custom message, it should display within the EOS block after selection.

Hope this helps!  If not, feel free to share some screen images.

Leave a Reply