Is there a way that users can hide a feedback button for themselves? | XM Community

Is there a way that users can hide a feedback button for themselves?

• 21 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

We have a feedback button on many pages of our site, but have recently been getting complaints from our low-vision users who are zooming in to read text that the button is covering up too much content. Is there a way either via browser settings or some way we can configure it in Qualtrics to give these users the options to hide the feed back button entirely? Note that disabling cookies/local storage isn't a great option because then they would have issues logging in to the site.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, you can
Please refer to below support page and search for "Add an icon to dismiss the feedback button". You can turn on this option to add a dismiss option for the feedback button.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/website-app-feedback/creatives-tab/creative-types/feedback-tab-creative/#DesigningFeedbackButton

Badge +2

Unfortunately that requires the user to open the feedback form and click the x and then the button returns upon refresh, so not quite what I need.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I'm experiencing a similar issue and am seeking a solution. Specifically, I want to prevent the feedback tab from appearing after a respondent has completed the survey. Qualtrics support suggested using intercept logic to stop the survey from showing to those who have already taken it, but this seems to permanently remove the feedback tab. My goal is to remove the tab only once per session after a respondent completes the survey. 

Leave a Reply