❄️ Holiday Experience | Badge of the Month | December 2021 | XM Community

❄️ Holiday Experience | Badge of the Month | December 2021

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

I love spending Christmas at home so my kids have that tradition of waking up to their own Christmas tree on Christmas morning, but I would use the resources to fly in and put up any family who wanted to be with us so we could all be together for the holidays. I feel like the holidays have become so rushed and my family is spread all over the country, so we've (sadly) gotten accustomed to celebrating without each other. I definitely miss that!

Badge +2

snowman sandcastle.jpgThis is how we celebrate Christmas in Florida, although every now and then I do miss the snow around the holidays. Looking forward to another holiday with my family. It's always fun to count how many times per hour my nephew asks "Can we open a present?"

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

The last holiday before the pandemic, I actually went on a cruise (to see a ring of fire solar eclipse at sea). It was amazing! But... I did miss having that cozy holiday time with family also. So this is a hard one!
If there were no objects (COVID, Costs, Resistance) to doing what I want? 100% travel to somewhere I've never been (Switzerland? Patagonia? Northern Canada to see northern lights?), with my folks and my sister's family in tow. Best of both worlds!

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

That is really a difficult decision!
I think I would prefer to spend the time together with my family somewhere in the South Tyrolean Alps. Enjoying the powder snow during the day and good food and a good bottle of wine in the evenings.  
Qualtrics.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

The best holiday experience is one that I'm often blessed to have, which is a house decorated for the season (which includes a Christmas tree and a Hannukah menorah with the candles glowing)
menorah.jpg, putting up the tree while drinking hot cocoa or cider, listening to music, and thinking about the year nearly passed and the year ahead. This year, especially, it's going to be a sense of both comfort and possibility! ⛄️❄️
P.S.: It seems to be something of an open question whether to put aluminum foil under your menorah to catch wax drippings. I have always been an advocate of this. May be an an argument for some survey work...

Badge +48

❄️ This is definitely a hard one! I think I'd want to spend the week celebrating the holidays in the Swiss Alps - covered in snow. I'm imagining hot cider, skiing, and a cozy cabin with festive lights ❄️ 
j7fkyy-e1616521864398.jpg

Leave a Reply