🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023 | XM Community

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

82 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Copenhagen is my favorite place in the world 🇩🇰 I love how bike-friendly the city is, and how sustainably the city is designed -- it’s walkable, green, you’re always close to a park, it’s easy to “eat local” and also eat organic 🌱

Recently I’ve been picking up extra litter when I can when I’m out walking my dog in my neighborhood here in Seattle. It may not be much, but it feels good to do something. 

Enjoying everyone’s posts so far!

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Milford Sound in New Zealand is beautiful. It’s called the land of waterfalls for a reason and was amazing to see so many waterfalls in a fjord. I went there a few years ago and it’s still my favorite place I’ve ever traveled to.

I hope to reduce my waste and will hopefully plant some trees here soon! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

My favorite place on earth is Walt Disney World.  I debated on whether or not to put this because I wasn’t sure if the answer was in the spirit of the question.  But when I thought about it, Disney as a company has been very transparent in their mission of reducing emissions, sustainability, conservation (via their Animal Kingdom theme park), and waste reduction (if you’ve been to a park lately you know they've completely eliminated plastic straws and stirrers).  So I felt it was an appropriate answer.  :)

Personally, we will continue composting, growing some of our own herbs/vegetables, and recycling! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

One of my favorite places on Earth has to be the city of Hermosillo, Mexico. It has a special place in my heart since I was born there and continued to visit my family every single summer or winter vacation.

I plan to continue reducing my waste and hopefully go on a few trash pick-up events in local parks! 😊

Badge +48

Roatan, Honduras is one of my favorite places.  My brother and I went scuba diving there and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life!

Not just on World Environment Day, but every day I am working with my children (ages 2 and 4) on the importance of caring for our environment (reusable containers versus plastic single use, the importance of recycling, etc.)

I love that you are instilling the importance of environmental protection in your children and our future generations 👏🏻 that’s incredible! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Roatan, Honduras is one of my favorite places.  My brother and I went scuba diving there and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life!

Not just on World Environment Day, but every day I am working with my children (ages 2 and 4) on the importance of caring for our environment (reusable containers versus plastic single use, the importance of recycling, etc.)

Badge +48

🌎️ I have quite a few favorite places on Earth! I absolutely love Utah and think it is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. I feel the same way about Positano, Italy, and Santorini, Greece! All three destinations are simply stunning.

I plan to celebrate all year in two ways 😃 

I recently picked up gardening and plan to grow edible plants. I also plan to continue reducing my plastic consumption - replacing plastic products with glass and other sustainable alternatives! 🌎️