🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023 | XM Community

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between June 1 and June 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | June 2023

Question: Where is your favorite place on Earth? Alternatively, how will you celebrate World Environment Day?

Celebrated in ~150 countries annually on June 5th, World Environment Day is the largest global platform promoting environmental protection. World Environment Day was created in 1973 by the United Nations Environment Programme and our team can’t wait to celebrate with you! We want to learn how you plan to celebrate World Environment Day and preserve our ecosystems! Alternatively, tell us about your favorite place on Earth.

This topic has been closed for comments

82 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Probably New Zealand - so much so that I am using it for my honeymoon in a few weeks!

But really, there’s few places like home.

Badge +48

I will take a hike to the mountains near me to enjoy being part of nature.

Our team really enjoys hiking too! 🏔

Badge +48

My favorite place is where ever I am with my family.  We have prioritized experiences in my relationship since day one and carried the tradition to our kids.  We have taken then all around the US, Portugal and Iceland!

This is such a sweet answer 😀 We’re all about experiences here at Qualtrics!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

My favorite place on Earth is MUMBAI! Also, I have decided to plant trees and avoid usage of plastic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

My favorite place is where ever I am with my family.  We have prioritized experiences in my relationship since day one and carried the tradition to our kids.  We have taken then all around the US, Portugal and Iceland!

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

I love the water! So anywhere near water makes me happy and at peace...even pools. I just enjoy being in the water, swimming, paddle boarding, and just the overall calm of the water.

Badge +30

I will take a hike to the mountains near me to enjoy being part of nature.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There are a quite places that are my favourite but most of i would love to be at someplace peaceful  just like being in the mountains. I would love to visit the  shree Badrinath dham, India . It's is a divine pilgrimage places for the devotees with a breathtaking views and scenes. 

For the environmental day... Will be looking out for cleanliness in the society and help others for the same cause.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

There is a place in the Philippines on an island called Bohol that is home to “The Chocolate Hills”. My wife and I visited this place many years ago and will never forget it. The Tarsier Monkeys are other-worldly and the hills themselves remind me of Mario Brothers for some reason. Overall this far-flung corner of the earth will always hold special memories for me. It also makes me want to sing “Climb Every Mountain!” 

Wow, what an incredible landscape! 😍

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

There is a place in the Philippines on an island called Bohol that is home to “The Chocolate Hills”. My wife and I visited this place many years ago and will never forget it. The Tarsier Monkeys are other-worldly and the hills themselves remind me of Mario Brothers for some reason. Overall this far-flung corner of the earth will always hold special memories for me. It also makes me want to sing “Climb Every Mountain!” 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

This one was tough to answer! Although I happen to have a degree in Environmental Management🌲 instead I decided to focus on my 'favorite place on Earth' 🌎 Because 'favorite' is obviously a personal opinion, in my case it then really comes down to what I experienced at a given place that gave it meaning and significance 💜 And I can't name a single experience in my life as my favorite one 😀 So instead I'm sharing some memorable moments that give some insight into the experiences that made those places important to me. These range from a memorable camping trip 🛶 in Georgian Bay, Canada , to celebrating the birthday 🎂 of one of my kids in our backyard in the Netherlands to a dreamy sunset 🌞 on the Istrian peninsula, Croatia to a ski trip ⛷ to the Austrian Alps to, last but not least, our dog Nuka (half Lab, half Malinois) 🐶 at home

favorite places

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi!! My favourite place on earth is anywhere I can share with my loved ones. Today, I would say the small village i live, near Madrid. A place called Cabanillas de la Sierra, with only 800 people ;-)

But also love to travel and could think in many places in Latinamerica, US, Asia, Europe, Africa…. 

Hello @Mol, I definitely agree about sharing with loved ones. Madrid is one of the top places on my bucket list, so I’m glad to hear it being mentioned here! 😄

Thanks Jose!! You are very welcome here anytime you want! Just let me know and will help you with anything you need!!! ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

From the top of the Mitten to the bottom, we have visited many Michigan lakes and Higgins Lake is my absolute favorite. It’s food for my soul!  

@KOgles Beautiful lake picture! I will definitely have to add Higgins Lake to my bucket list.😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +20

From the top of the Mitten to the bottom, we have visited many Michigan lakes and Higgins Lake is my absolute favorite. It’s food for my soul!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have increasingly been mindful of ways to lesson my environmental impact and contribute towards a greener earth. I found a great free app called Treecard (referral code: tanner-u2h if you’re interested) that allows you to “plant” a tree every 10,000 steps you walk, and you can earn rewards to have them donate to Plastic Bank to help retrieve plastic from the ocean. So far, I have been able to have 7 trees planted and 48 plastic bottles removed from the ocean! I have found it to be a great way to help motivate me to walk more and also to be more mindful of the world we live in. I am excited to celebrate this month and I want to find other ways to contribute to the wonderful organizations that reduce their environmental impact and directly contribute towards a sustainable future.

@tannerfaragher Thank you so much for the app recommendation, seems like a super cool concept.  Here’s to a sustainable and healthy future!😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My favorite place on Earth is Yosemite. I grew up in California and visited as a kid and no other place has left me quite as awestruck.  When my grandmother died, we received a box of photos from her house. In it, was a photo of my grandmother in her 20’s in a stream with Half Dome in the background. My daughters are five years old, but I plan to take them to as many national parks as possible as they get older. Yosemite is on the list.

And in general, I love any place on Earth I can snorkel and be with the fish.  Growing up swimming, I love being in the water and snorkeling. A recent trip to a pretty average beach on Oahu yielded multiple sea turtle sightings where they swam up alongside me (and because of state law I had to swim away!)

To celebrate World Environment Day, we’ll be planting a new tree in our yard to replace one that has died.  We are currently researching the best tree for where we are located, with wildlife, climate, and our property layout in mind.

@EmilyErickson I love Yosemite! I’ve only been there once and didn’t get the full experience I craved, so I’ll definitely have to make another trip out of it. It’s very smart and environmentally conscious of you to research the best tree for your location! 🌳

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Some of my favorite places to visit are the great system of Texas state parks. There are plenty of awesome ones near where I live, like Colorado Bend, McKinney Falls, and Guadalupe River. They have rivers and waterfalls, beautiful trails, and plenty of wildlife to see.

@jflowers1 There’s lots to see in state parks, but I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned waterfalls. Personally, waterfalls make all of the long hiking hours worth it for me, I could sit and listen for hours. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!! My favourite place on earth is anywhere I can share with my loved ones. Today, I would say the small village i live, near Madrid. A place called Cabanillas de la Sierra, with only 800 people ;-)

But also love to travel and could think in many places in Latinamerica, US, Asia, Europe, Africa…. 

Hello @Mol, I definitely agree about sharing with loved ones. Madrid is one of the top places on my bucket list, so I’m glad to hear it being mentioned here! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When visiting some place you thought was truly fantastic, did you ever consider the people that live there every day and wonder, “Do they realize how magnificent this place is, or has it become common/mundane to them?” Realizing that YOU live somewhere every day, did you ever think, “Do I realize how magnificent THIS place is, or has it become common/mundane to me?” I live in a rural, farming area of Utah, and it is repeatedly breathtaking, be it the trees, the sunset, the storms, the night sky, the animals, the clouds, the water.

I’ve seen beautiful things all over this amazing planet. We are truly blessed to live here (with a satellite of our own - the Moon!). I hope everyone ventures out into nature to see the beauty all around them and takes more seriously the duty to care (here’s looking at you people who can’t hold your trash or gum until the next available trash can) for what we have and what we must pass on.

@TimR Beautifully said! I definitely get caught up in my own little world sometimes and forget to look around at the mountains and beautiful views I have around me everyday. Thank you for reminding us to take a step back and appreciate where we already live. 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello everyone, 

I am from the famous lands of corn here in the state of Indiana. As much as I love the cornfields, I have travelled to the state of Oregon in a town called Koos Bay! I have visited Oregon over 5 times and have ate tons of seafood, hiked, and walked many of the beaches in the area. I will try to add photos here when I get home but it is a beautiful state to visit! 

In the future, when I have money saved I would like to get an electric car to commute to and from work! A lot of my friends and coworkers have electric vehicles. In the meantime, my girlfriend and I try to use reusable items such as straws, storage bags, and grocery bags to stray away from using plastic! 

Hello @EricCrayon101, I have yet to visit Oregon but maybe your future pictures will make me want to go visit, especially since I Iove both hiking and beaches.  😎 I wish you the best of luck with the electric car!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I have increasingly been mindful of ways to lesson my environmental impact and contribute towards a greener earth. I found a great free app called Treecard (referral code: tanner-u2h if you’re interested) that allows you to “plant” a tree every 10,000 steps you walk, and you can earn rewards to have them donate to Plastic Bank to help retrieve plastic from the ocean. So far, I have been able to have 7 trees planted and 48 plastic bottles removed from the ocean! I have found it to be a great way to help motivate me to walk more and also to be more mindful of the world we live in. I am excited to celebrate this month and I want to find other ways to contribute to the wonderful organizations that reduce their environmental impact and directly contribute towards a sustainable future.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

My favorite place on Earth is Yosemite. I grew up in California and visited as a kid and no other place has left me quite as awestruck.  When my grandmother died, we received a box of photos from her house. In it, was a photo of my grandmother in her 20’s in a stream with Half Dome in the background. My daughters are five years old, but I plan to take them to as many national parks as possible as they get older. Yosemite is on the list.

And in general, I love any place on Earth I can snorkel and be with the fish.  Growing up swimming, I love being in the water and snorkeling. A recent trip to a pretty average beach on Oahu yielded multiple sea turtle sightings where they swam up alongside me (and because of state law I had to swim away!)

To celebrate World Environment Day, we’ll be planting a new tree in our yard to replace one that has died.  We are currently researching the best tree for where we are located, with wildlife, climate, and our property layout in mind.

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

Some of my favorite places to visit are the great system of Texas state parks. There are plenty of awesome ones near where I live, like Colorado Bend, McKinney Falls, and Guadalupe River. They have rivers and waterfalls, beautiful trails, and plenty of wildlife to see.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

When visiting some place you thought was truly fantastic, did you ever consider the people that live there every day and wonder, “Do they realize how magnificent this place is, or has it become common/mundane to them?” Realizing that YOU live somewhere every day, did you ever think, “Do I realize how magnificent THIS place is, or has it become common/mundane to me?” I live in a rural, farming area of Utah, and it is repeatedly breathtaking, be it the trees, the sunset, the storms, the night sky, the animals, the clouds, the water.

I’ve seen beautiful things all over this amazing planet. We are truly blessed to live here (with a satellite of our own - the Moon!). I hope everyone ventures out into nature to see the beauty all around them and takes more seriously the duty to care (here’s looking at you people who can’t hold your trash or gum until the next available trash can) for what we have and what we must pass on.