🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023 | XM Community

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

82 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

My favorite place on planet so far is my hometown which is close to nature in lap of Himalaya. I always try to avoid plastic as much as possible as a small contribution to reduce the damage to  environment that we are doing as human.

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I will separate my favorite place in the planet in two. My favorite place for my day to day is Medellín, Colombia. Where I have lived all my life. It’s the perfect city, perfect weather, nice people and I have all my family and friends around :D. My favorite place to visit is Jardín, Colombia. A little magical town. It’s beautiful!

For the Environment Day, more than a single day of the year, I have the commitment for everyday to reduce/stop the use of one use plastic like bags or straws. Also trying to have shorter showers to use less water.

Badge +48

I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to visit Mountain Province. It's a truly special place.

I'm committed to reducing my carbon footprint, so I turn off the lights for one hour on Earth Day and use a water tumbler instead of single-use water bottles.

What a beautiful photo! Reusable water bottles are a great way to reduce waste 👏🏻

Badge +48

I need to make my way to Utah, there are so many, including Arches, I want to see. So far, I’ve only been to a few: 

• Isle Royale
  • Glacier
  • Mammoth Cave
  • Yellowstone
  • Grand Tetons
  • Badlands
  • Smoky Mountains are this summer

My favorite though is Glacier. 

Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons are on my bucket list!!

Badge +48

One of my favourite places on Earth is the serene beaches of Bora Bora. The crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and the surrounding lush greenery create a paradise-like setting that is simply fascinating. The overwater bungalows offer an incredible experience of waking up to the gentle lapping of waves beneath you and being surrounded by vibrant marine life. Exploring the coral reefs while snorkelling or scuba diving is an unforgettable experience.

As for World Environment Day, I plan to organize a community event in my neighbourhood. We will conduct a beach cleanup to remove litter and raise awareness about the impact of plastic pollution on marine life.

I love scuba diving and have always wanted to dive in Bora Bora!!

Badge +48

Alaska… although I fear its natural beauty won’t last much longer.

I really want to travel to Alaska and photograph the wildlife 🐻
What part did you visit?

Badge +48

I celebrated World Environment Day by going hiking in the woods with my kids, a good opportunity to remind us all of the beauty and fragility of nature, and of our impact on it : our country is plagued by record-level numbers of wildfires at the moment.

What a wonderful way to celebrate World Environment Day with your family! 🌏