How can I put a drop-down list in a form question field? | XM Community
Solved

How can I put a drop-down list in a form question field?

• 26 September 2019
  • 44 replies

Show first post

44 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Rod_Pestell , I initially got this code from someone else and I personally do not know how to program so I won't be able to help you with this. I would recommend posting the code in the Developer Corner and see if anyone there can help you modify it to accommodate the validation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi uhrxx005 , thanks for the reply. I'll reach out to someone in the forum then. Out of interest, was the source from another website, if so please could yo share that with me as it might be best to talk to the person you got the code from in the first place.
Thanks

Rod

Hi uhrxx005 , thanks a lot for your answer. It helped me a lot.
I'm also trying to prepare a question in a format similar to this. There is one text entry and two drop down lists for the dates. Do you have a code where I can put dates in drop down lists (from 1950 to 2021 and end year should be greater than start year)? I tried this solution but it didn't work for me. Thanks a lot.
1.jpg

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Great thread, thank you all, specially uhrxx005
I was trying to put a list of countries in one of those drop-down menus, and I am trying to avoid the manual option of writing one by one as var element option1, option2, etc...
I found this nice piece of code online, but I can't make it work in the Qualtrics environment.
Any clue, please?
Thanks

Badge +1

I am newbie. I too want to create a formfield which has a dropdown list. I see that there is some code in this thread which seemed to have worked for everyone. My question - How do I open the QSF file and how do I use it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi desirazun ,
You create a new survey project and at the beginning you will be given the option to use use / upload a .qsf file. That then creates the survey with the question in which has hopefully what you need to get started.
Good luck
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Badge +1

Thank you Rod_Pestell

Badge +1

Rod_Pestell I get the following error - You do not have permission to use JavaScript in the survey editor.
Can you help me with this.
Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Sounds like Javascript needs to be enabled for your account or in the survey or something. You might have to reach out to Qualtrics support for that. It will be a setting in the user type no doubt but it might also depend on you level of account.

Badge +1

OK Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Got it figured out....Looks like I needed to change the variable names s1, s2, s3, etc. and just continue the numbering of each one on each question.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Very nice @TomG! Are you aware of any code out there to remove the border around form fields? If a field is editable it makes sense to have a border, but if I'm using JS coding to prevent editing it would be nice to have the border hidden / removed to the respondent doesn't misinterpret.

Badge +1

This QSF file should help you set it up.

Can someone share the QSF file with me?

Badge

Hi uhrxx005 , thanks a lot for your answer. It helped me a lot.
I'm also trying to prepare a question in a format similar to this. There is one text entry and two drop down lists for the dates. Do you have a code where I can put dates in drop down lists (from 1950 to 2021 and end year should be greater than start year)? I tried this solution but it didn't work for me. Thanks a lot.
1.jpg

How do I make a question formatted like this?  I cannot figure it out for the life of me.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@jtherien , you can use side by side setup. but make survey side by side setup doesn’t support simple layout. You will need to change your survey layout from look and feel for this setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@jtherien , here you go. Do not select simple layout.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks.  Unfortunately my layout option is grayed out so I assume we don’t have a full software license.  

You should check with your brand administrator. I think you might not have permission to change it. If it will be grayed out for them then for sure this issue is about the license agreement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks.  So apparently it has to do with a static theme.  I need to create a dynamic theme.  So for now, I just switched it to a blank dynamic theme.  However, after I change the layout to something else (not simple), there is absolutely nothing different in order for me to make a more complicated matrix question.  *Sigh*  Thanks for all of the assistance today.  Just trying to make something more streamlined but making myself crazy in the process.  

I think you should reach out to Qualtrics account executive to know your license limit.

Badge

Thanks so much David!!! That´s exactly what I needed!!!
SUPER GENIUS!! 😎 😎
Greetings from Colombia - Vocé!

What am I missing? Where is this super genius solution - I’m not seeing it in this thread. You mind sharing with a nube.

Leave a Reply