Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉 | XM Community

Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉

Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉
Userlevel 7
Badge +30

We’ve been hard at work creating a better Community experience for you!

First and foremost, we want to thank you, our XM Community members, for your generous patience during the period of Community downtime. We are thrilled to welcome you to our new and improved XM Community home! 

What’s new:

Some of the most exciting new features include:

• The ability to “follow” specific community members! Like what Community superstar TomG has to say? Now you can follow him or other members directly on their profiles to stay up-to-date on their tips and tricks! 
  • An events widget directly on our Community homepage! Stay connected to Qualtrics events by browsing our wide array of virtual and live events listed on our homepage for easy access.
  • Find unanswered questions easily -- help your fellow members and earn rewards! In the Discussions section of the homepage, you can toggle over to “Help Others” to address unanswered questions and rank up faster via our Rank and Rewards program.
  • Twitter widget located in the left side of the homepage to keep up with Qualtrics news!
  • And many more...

Have you updated your “how-tos” on using the new platform?

We have! Please review this post by @JoseS on how to get started with the new platform.

Why was it important for us to change platforms?

As an experience management company, Qualtrics is dedicated to providing the best possible Community experience for our customers. We feel our new platform and its architecture will allow us to better surface useful content for you, and also provide a premium customer community experience. Our new platform better integrates with existing Qualtrics tools internally, allowing us to bring you a greater breadth of content while allowing us to personalize Community experiences for you.

Why was the downtime necessary?

Unfortunately, there was a gap between our previous provider’s contract end and the launch date with our new provider. We did everything we could to avoid the downtime, but in the end, we could not get around it. 

It looks like some Community content is missing -- is this true?

Yes. We handed over a file of historical community content to our new provider in early March. Anything added after that date on the old platform will not be present in the new platform. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. The good news is you still get credit (in the form of points earned or badges) for your content from the previous community. We do not have access to the old platform, so some content may need to be recreated or reposted. Again, we apologize sincerely for any inconveniences. 

The future of the Qualtrics XM Community is bright! 

Despite some minor short-term frustrations, the XM Community team is playing the long game when it comes to creating a Community home for our customers. Our new platform will allow us to grow and expand in exciting ways, and we’re bringing some new content types your way in the near future, including:

• XM Community Podcast -- Learn how Qualtrics customers maximize the capabilities of our platform for the greatest ROI
  • Two Minute Tips -- A new short video series in an easily digestible time format to help you get the most out of Qualtrics
  • Video Release Notes -- In addition to our traditional release notes, we’ll be rolling out a video version of our release notes highlighting some of the most important changes to be aware of

What about the Product Ideas category? Where is that?

A new and improved Product Ideas page is coming soon! We’re excited to introduce you soon to Evolve, a new product ideas dashboard that will give customers greater transparency into the product universe at Qualtrics, while also allowing Community members to submit ideas directly to the product team. No more middle man! Your ideas will go directly to product leaders for review. Updated ETA: June 2023.

What else is coming?

A new chat bot is coming to the XM Community! Powered by Forethought, the chat bot will be available soon to help you locate and discover content in a more efficient manner. We hope to launch the chat bot soon. 

Badges from the old platform are still being rolled out to members, as well. 

A new points system is also in place! Now you can earn points in our Rank and Rewards program in the following ways:

• 50 points for providing an answer to a question
  • 15 points for posting a reply to a discussion
  • 5 points for receiving a “like” or a “vote”
  • 15 points for creating a topic

Email notifications: We are still working on getting email notifications from the Community up and running. We hope to have this piece resolved soon. When it’s fixed, all members who opt in should receive email notifications from the Community again. We will do a more formal announcement (with instructions) on this when the feature is ready.

In short, all of our recent changes are designed to provide YOU with a better experience all around. We worked hard to build our new Community home for you and we hope you like it! If you have any feedback you’re welcome to comment on this article or send me an email directly: mcooksey@qualtrics.com 

Sincerely,

Michael

Head of XM Community @ Qualtrics 

36 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@Michael_Cooksey , great work. I’m excited for the new XM Community platform. Worth the wait I can tell! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Great work but the time taken to revamp the community is unjustifiable. Considering the scale of Qualtrics any downtime more than a few hours is bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Super excited about the formatting bar ☝🏻 😍  I had so much trouble before finding how to change to typing in code and this is much more intuitive (probably because it matches better with the editor in Qualtrics).

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’m glad the community is back online 😀

It was more than once that during the downtime, I had a question, or rememberd I saw something on community once before about something, and wasn’t able to come here to ask/look for it. But, at first glance it was worth the wait 😁

Can’t wait for the Product Ideas to be available again too! I’m excited to hear that it will bring a more direct connection with the product team.

One doubt though: “ 5 points for giving a like or “upvoting” an idea “. I really hope this will convince more people to vote on ideas, but I fear votes could be given to just any idea instead of only the ones you really think are the best ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I’m glad the community is back online 😀

It was more than once that during the downtime, I had a question, or rememberd I saw something on community once before about something, and wasn’t able to come here to ask/look for it. But, at first glance it was worth the wait 😁

Can’t wait for the Product Ideas to be available again too! I’m excited to hear that it will bring a more direct connection with the product team.

One doubt though: “ 5 points for giving a like or “upvoting” an idea “. I really hope this will convince more people to vote on ideas, but I fear votes could be given to just any idea instead of only the ones you really think are the best ideas.

Hi Joyca! So glad to read you feel the new Community was worth the wait 😀 I will update my original post -- we have turned off ideas in favor of the new “Evolve” product board coming soon, so the point value is not applicable. I will edit my post to remove the point values for “liking” an idea. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi Community Team! I really like the new Community page, and am looking forward to the new Ideas/Evolve section!

Question: I used to have topics/threads of interest bookmarked, but I’m not sure where to find those now. I’m guessing it’s here somewhere, just not familiar yet with where to find it. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Community Team! I really like the new Community page, and am looking forward to the new Ideas/Evolve section!

Question: I used to have topics/threads of interest bookmarked, but I’m not sure where to find those now. I’m guessing it’s here somewhere, just not familiar yet with where to find it. 😀

Apologies, Carol -- anything that was bookmarked using the old platform’s functionality did not get migrated. If you have browser bookmarks, those should work, but let me know if you’re getting an error. We have seen some broken links to articles that should be working and we’re working with the vendor to fix those.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good morning from a sunny Sweden!

NICE to see it back up and running again. It has been missed, but I’m glad you took the time to ensure everything was in order before turning the switch back on. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Apologies, Carol -- anything that was bookmarked using the old platform’s functionality did not get migrated. If you have browser bookmarks, those should work, but let me know if you’re getting an error. We have seen some broken links to articles that should be working and we’re working with the vendor to fix those.

Ouch - same issue here. I’d stumbled across some really useful topics previously. But otherwise, all looking good so far...

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

That’s unfortunate. I didn’t browser-bookmark posts of interest, because there was an in-platform way to do the same thing (and it was more that I wanted to follow the thread if there was an update, vs. actually needing to find for reference). I wish I’d realized (probably y’all let us know but I missed it) so I could have flagged them in my browser for later use.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I can’t see how many points I have for the Rank & Rewards program, I used to be able to see it in my “Profile”, has this been moved? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can’t see how many points I have for the Rank & Rewards program, I used to be able to see it in my “Profile”, has this been moved? 

Hello @StephH72! Yes, points are now visible on the Leaderboard Widget in the home page. You can toggle between the points you’ve earned that Week or your All time points. Let me know if you have any other questions. 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

You never know how much you miss something until it goes away!

So happy to have everyone back and their wealth of knowledge and looking forward to trying out the new features!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That’s unfortunate. I didn’t browser-bookmark posts of interest, because there was an in-platform way to do the same thing (and it was more that I wanted to follow the thread if there was an update, vs. actually needing to find for reference). I wish I’d realized (probably y’all let us know but I missed it) so I could have flagged them in my browser for later use.

That’s a good and fair callout, Carol -- I did not have access via our previous vendor on bookmark usage, otherwise, I absolutely would have let folks know to save helpful articles. Apologies for any frustrations caused! Let me or the Community team know if we can help you locate those articles you had saved. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

SO happy to have this incredibly valuable resource back! 

Not quite sure yet how I feel about the font though… 😉

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

First and foremost, we want to thank you, our XM Community members, for your generous patience during the period of Community downtime. We are thrilled to welcome you to our new and improved XM Community home! 

What’s new:

• The ability to “follow” specific community members! Like what Community superstar TomG has to say? Now you can follow him or other members directly on their profiles to stay up-to-date on their tips and tricks! 
  • An events widget directly on our Community homepage! Stay connected to Qualtrics events by browsing our wide array of virtual and live events listed on our homepage for easy access.
  • Find unanswered questions easily -- help your fellow members and earn rewards! In the Discussions section of the homepage, you can toggle over to “Help Others” to address unanswered questions and rank up faster via our Rank and Rewards program.
  • Twitter widget located in the left side of the homepage to keep up with Qualtrics news!
  • And many more...

We have! Please review this post by @JoseS on how to get started with the new platform.

As an experience management company, Qualtrics is dedicated to providing the best possible Community experience for our customers. We feel our new platform and its architecture will allow us to better surface useful content for you, and also provide a premium customer community experience. Our new platform better integrates with existing Qualtrics tools internally, allowing us to bring you a greater breadth of content while allowing us to personalize Community experiences for you.

Unfortunately, there was a gap between our previous provider’s contract end and the launch date with our new provider. We did everything we could to avoid the downtime, but in the end, we could not get around it. 

Yes. We handed over a file of historical community content to our new provider in early March. Anything added after that date on the old platform will not be present in the new platform. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. The good news is you still get credit (in the form of points earned or badges) for your content from the previous community. We do not have access to the old platform, so some content may need to be recreated or reposted. Again, we apologize sincerely for any inconveniences. 

Despite some minor short-term frustrations, the XM Community team is playing the long game when it comes to creating a Community home for our customers. Our new platform will allow us to grow and expand in exciting ways, and we’re bringing some new content types your way in the near future, including:

• XM Community Podcast -- Learn how Qualtrics customers maximize the capabilities of our platform for the greatest ROI
  • Two Minute Tips -- A new short video series in an easily digestible time format to help you get the most out of Qualtrics
  • Video Release Notes -- In addition to our traditional release notes, we’ll be rolling out a video version of our release notes highlighting some of the most important changes to be aware of

A new and improved Product Ideas page is coming soon! We’re excited to introduce you soon to Evolve, a new product ideas dashboard that will give customers greater transparency into the product universe at Qualtrics, while also allowing Community members to submit ideas directly to the product team. No more middle man! Your ideas will go directly to product leaders for review. ETA: May 2023.

What else is coming?

A new chat bot is coming to the XM Community! Powered by Forethought, the chat bot will be available soon to help you locate and discover content in a more efficient manner. We hope to launch the chat bot soon. 

A new points system is also in place! Now you can earn points in our Rank and Rewards program in the following ways:

Email notifications: We are still working on getting email notifications from the Community up and running. We hope to have this piece resolved soon. When it’s fixed, all members who opt in should receive email notifications from the Community again. We will do a more formal announcement (with instructions) on this when the feature is ready.

In short, all of our recent changes are designed to provide YOU with a better experience all around. We worked hard to build our new Community home for you and we hope you like it! If you have any feedback you’re welcome to comment on this article or send me an email directly: mcooksey@qualtrics.com 

Sincerely,

Michael

Big shout out to all the Quatrics Community folks for this major revamp! I’m excited about the opportunity to familiarise myself with the new look and feel and discover its new capabilities. Must admit to having trouble finding the XMPro subsite though. Have I been looking in the wrong place or did it get subsumed into the new look? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

New look and feel and new pointing system is very encouraging for members to feel engaged and be active on community. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Looks great! Can’t wait to have more time to explore more around the new platform! Great work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What’s new:

• And many more...

A new and improved Product Ideas page is coming soon! We’re excited to introduce you soon to Evolve, a new product ideas dashboard that will give customers greater transparency into the product universe at Qualtrics, while also allowing Community members to submit ideas directly to the product team. No more middle man! Your ideas will go directly to product leaders for review. ETA: May 2023.

What else is coming?

Sincerely,

Michael

Big shout out to all the Quatrics Community folks for this major revamp! I’m excited about the opportunity to familiarise myself with the new look and feel and discover its new capabilities. Must admit to having trouble finding the XMPro subsite though. Have I been looking in the wrong place or did it get subsumed into the new look? 

XM Pros is no longer a sub-community. They have moved all of their community operations to their LinkedIn group. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I was trying to access this page thread:

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/19221/how-to-remove-the-warning-that-appears-when-you-use-the-previous-button-after-adding-the-toc-element

I assume the link is broken following the migration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@MikeW  I remember tackling that post. If you create a new thread, I can share what I came up with. Since it involves putting a script in the HTML of the header and HTML code from posts before the migration did not retain formatting as code block, I'm not sure the code solution from the above link would display properly even when the page is restored. For other posts where it looks like code is missing, the underlying HTML can be obtained by inspecting browser and checking out the comment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@MikeW  I remember tackling that post. If you create a new thread, I can share what I came up with. Since it involves putting a script in the HTML of the header and HTML code from posts before the migration did not retain formatting as code block, I'm not sure the code solution from the above link would display properly even when the page is restored. For other posts where it looks like code is missing, the underlying HTML can be obtained by inspecting browser and checking out the comment.

Thanks @Tom_1842 - I’ll do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are currently working with our provider to ensure that all posts are migrated. 🙂 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Another question @Michael_Cooksey , @AmaraW and @JoseS , this one about the 🏅Badge of the Month Program 📅. Usually a new topic would appear in the first few days of the month but I can’t find on following the March ‘23 one*. Did this stop, change or something else?  

✖️ X4 2023 | Badge of the Month | March 2023 | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Quick question, seems like we are not getting notifications when someone tag you to the post. Where can we see notifications like someone answered, liked, tagged you to post.

Leave a Reply