Response count | XM Community
Solved

Response count

• 3 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi

I have used Qualtrics to create a questionnaire and have desseminated it and received responses.

The recorded responses section indicates that I have '153 (135)' responses. When I hover over this response marker it says 'recently removed responses are being processed' (it has said this for days now). However, when I look at the 'Data and Analysis' section I have 5 pages of 82 responses. I have gone through some of my responses and delete some but I have not deleted any more than 10-15 so I am confused by why it says the response is so high yet displays just 82 responses.

The problem I have is that although I have just 82 responses to analyse, when I go to the 'Reports' section it includes 153 resposnes in the reports? How do I stop it doing this so that future reports/analyses only include the 82 responses.

I hope that makes sense.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 3 April 2018, 16:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I've had similar issues before, and just talked with a helpful rep from support. She said that this can happen from time to time, especially at busy points like right after the launch of a large survey. In more minor cases, an account refresh might take care of it, but in my case, we had to do a forced index. You can initiate this yourself by going to Data & Analysis --> Tools --> Create New Field. You can call it "Test". Once this column is added, it should start a full re-index of existing data. There's no need to add any values under the Test field. It took about 5 minutes, but the issue was resolved thereafter. You can then delete the Test field if you want.
Hope this helps

I am having the same problem as LGL. I hope you can help me, too.

Hi, I am having the same issue as described in this tread. The recorded responses section indicates that I have '0 (45)' responses. Just as described earlier, when I hover over this response marker, it says 'recently added responses are being processed for speedier viewing.' It has stayed like this for seven days now, and I was wondering how long it took @csmit141, @jacobmanfield, or any others for the issue to clear up. Qualtrics Support stated that it could take anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5 months and was wondering if that was the case for everyone experiencing this glitch.
Thanks! The problem went away over the weekend. The responses eventually caught up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @csmit141! I would recommend reaching out to our Support team so they can further troubleshoot this with you! 🙂
Thanks for the suggestion, but this is not working for me. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It happens sometime.

Can you try refreshing your account? click on the head icon "which is beside the help" link and then select "Refresh account". See, if its help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Did you put a filter on your report to only show finished responses? It may be pulling in partial completes?

Leave a Reply