🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023 | XM Community

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023

🎵 Productivity Playlist | Badge of the Month | August 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between August 1 and August 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge Of The Month | August 2023 

Task: Share a song that makes you feel productive!

The XM Community is building a Spotify playlist, which you can access on the bottom right of community discussion lists. This playlist’s mood is inspiring, productive, and fun. We want this playlist to feel just like this unique community, which is made by you. So, we need your music recommendations! Comment a YouTube or Spotify link to a song (or songs) of your choice and we will add it to the community playlist. Together, we’ll create the perfect playlist to listen to while on the community or working on a Qualtrics project. 

This topic has been closed for comments

94 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I adore this thread!  Great suggestions, everyone!

If I’m not listening to crime shows in the background or my Disney music websites (see above) then I like a good song to pump me up!  A favorite:  Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (Official Video) - YouTube

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good morning from a rainy Sweden!

Wow, hard question to answer. As some already have pointed out, it all depends on the type of work I need to do. If I have to sit and word-smith something in English and come up with a nice text, I find it hard to do so while listening to anything other than English lyrics. Swedish/Spanish/German etc. seems to withhold the best English I can provide (yes, I’m a little stupid in that sense).

If I have to concentrate and just bang something complex out and need to fully focus and ensure I’m not disturbed by external factors, I tend to play a Spotify list called “Techno Bunker”, see below. 

If I don’t have to be fully as focused, I tend to play my own list of different songs. I preferably like Pixies, Rammstein and Ghost. 

Have a great rest of your day!

-Mattias

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

One of my all-time favorite focus songs is Wait - M83.

It’s a perfect balance of calming and inspiring for me. Love the underlying soundscapes and the forward trills of a variety of instruments. The way the vocals blend and pull everything together - it really helps me focus!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Good morning from a rainy Sweden!

Wow, hard question to answer. As some already have pointed out, it all depends on the type of work I need to do. If I have to sit and word-smith something in English and come up with a nice text, I find it hard to do so while listening to anything other than English lyrics. Swedish/Spanish/German etc. seems to withhold the best English I can provide (yes, I’m a little stupid in that sense).

If I have to concentrate and just bang something complex out and need to fully focus and ensure I’m not disturbed by external factors, I tend to play a Spotify list called “Techno Bunker”, see below. 

If I don’t have to be fully as focused, I tend to play my own list of different songs. I preferably like Pixies, Rammstein and Ghost. 

Have a great rest of your day!

-Mattias

Wow, this is pretty hard core! I just hit play and didn’t realize my volume was all the way up 😂 I’ll give this playlist a try next time I have a lengthy presentation to prepare 💪

Badge +48

@D_Rodrigues I’ll add some of the Hamilton & Greatest Showman hits to the playlist! 

Badge +48

@MattiasM I love techno and EDM! I particularly like the artist Rezz 

Badge +48

@ZachM I have two M83 songs - Midnight City and Wait! Both are incredible 🔥

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Here are a few from my list I play that are safe for work. 

Al Foster-Jean Pierre

The Climb-Miley Cyrus

Same Boat-Zac Brown Band

The Best is Yet to Come-Tony Bennet & Diana Krall

So Sorry Please- Pasquale Grasso

Syeeda’s Song Flute-John Coltrane

And if I need extra motivation I will listen to upbeat dance music, anything I would workout to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Below are the songs I listen more frequently (loop) while working:

1. Lakshay
  2. Namo Namo
  3. Kun Faya Kun
Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Here are a few from my list I play that are safe for work. 

Al Foster-Jean Pierre

The Climb-Miley Cyrus

Same Boat-Zac Brown Band

The Best is Yet to Come-Tony Bennet & Diana Krall

So Sorry Please- Pasquale Grasso

Syeeda’s Song Flute-John Coltrane

And if I need extra motivation I will listen to upbeat dance music, anything I would workout to.

Love seeing Diana Krall make an appearance on this thread! Her music got me through countless hours of grad school studying and writing 💜

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

After X4, I now have a new excitement for The Killers:

All These Things That I’ve Done- The Killers

Somebody Told Me- The Killers

Howling’ For You- The Black Keys

Something In the Orange- Zach Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

How could we forget The Killers! 🙈 Great addition to the thread! 

Already wondering who the band will be for X4 2024 🤔

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I let YouTube surprise me.

I usually just search productivity songs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUthuL1yowYOHbNTVWw-7A

Badge +48

Have you heard Little Black Submarines? It is SO good! I love The Black Keys 

Badge +48

@Shashi Thank you so much for sharing! These songs are amazing 👏🏻

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

Depending on what I’m doing I may or may not listen to music while working, but when I do, it’s usually things like this:

Young Americans | David Bowie

Bennie and the Jets | Elton John

The March of The Black Queen | Queen

The Diary of Horace Wimp | Electric Light Orchestra

I never really listen to this type of music outside of work; something about it is just right for getting work done I guess!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello,

A background music while working is always best, do listen to this retro music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i0oA5YYf1Y&t=570s&pp=ygUYaW5zdHJ1bWVudGFsIG11c2ljIHJldHJv

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

I most often listen music in french but, when working, I need to avoid easy-to-sing lyrics to keep concentrated !

In this case I switch to instrumental or non mother tongue songs like :

Jamiroquai - Corner of the Earth

Antonio Vivaldi - Four seasons

Los Rodriguez - Palabras mas palabras menos

Mano Negra - Mala Vida

Daft Punk - Da Funk

I still share this one in french :
Lisa LeBlanc - Pourquoi faire aujourd'hui

This is a procrastination song… She literally sing : why doing today what you can do tomorrow !!!

Thank you for the references to Jean-Michel Jarre and Whiplash theme !
I’m gonna add this two great ideas to my working list ASAP

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Definitely the trickiest one of these so far...as everyone is saying, it really depends on what you are focussing on.

For me when I need to concentrate on detail I always default to classical music (not many votes for that in here yet...) - something like:

...such a cool “story” to listen to, with ups and downs it can really keep you interested and focussed for a longer stint!

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

This month’s topic is so amazing!

I am from India.

And every dhinchak(synonym for loud mucic with lot of beats) songs are a productive ones’s.

I believe my Indian friends would know what I mean :)

https://youtu.be/Pb0COSer6vY

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

I love the global nature of this community and playlist! 

I also can’t listen to music when I work, but to decompress after work, depending on the day:

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) - Simon and Garfunkel 

Try - Colby Caillat

Let It Go - Frozen Soundtrack

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I let YouTube surprise me.

I usually just search productivity songs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUthuL1yowYOHbNTVWw-7A

I’ve definitely done the same before! If I’m feeling nostalgic I’ll look up Lofi music inspired by my childhood video games. 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I love the global nature of this community and playlist! 

I also can’t listen to music when I work, but to decompress after work, depending on the day:

The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) - Simon and Garfunkel 

Try - Colby Caillat

Let It Go - Frozen Soundtrack

All three of these songs are great, and would definitely help me feel better after a long day’s work! I don’t know why I  never thought about adding movie soundtrack songs to my playlist, thank you for this idea! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This month’s topic is so amazing!

I am from India.

And every dhinchak(synonym for loud mucic with lot of beats) songs are a productive ones’s.

I believe my Indian friends would know what I mean :)

https://youtu.be/Pb0COSer6vY

I can’t say that I’ve heard either of these songs before, but I am very glad I was able to get to listen to them. I definitely see what you’re referring to when you say lots of beats, I think that is what makes this sound so upbeat and groovy. Great productive music choice! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Definitely the trickiest one of these so far...as everyone is saying, it really depends on what you are focussing on.

For me when I need to concentrate on detail I always default to classical music (not many votes for that in here yet...) - something like:

...such a cool “story” to listen to, with ups and downs it can really keep you interested and focussed for a longer stint!

I agree that the music definitely depends on what type of work you’re doing, I typically try to listen to instrumentals when I’m having to write long pieces of text because lyrics tend to be overwhelming. Very solid classical music choice! 😄