🐘 World Wildlife Day | Badge of the Month | March 2024 | XM Community

🐘 World Wildlife Day | Badge of the Month | March 2024

🐘 World Wildlife Day | Badge of the Month | March 2024
Badge +48

World Wildlife Day

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between March 4 and March 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month.

Task: In celebration of World Wildlife Day, tell us about your favorite animal or plant!

Every year on March 3rd, World Wildlife Day gives the world the opportunity to commemorate animals and plants that contribute to our planet’s ecosystems. The United Nations chose this holiday’s date because it’s the birthday of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. In the spirit of World Wildlife Day, tell us about your favorite animals and plants!

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I love all animals but my favorite animals are dog 🐕 and panda 🐼.  Regarding plants, there is no such specific choices all plants are important for us.💙💙💙💙💙

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

my favourite member of the ecosystem would probably be the humble tree 🌳 I’m guessing most of us live in a (big) city and will bet only a few live in an urban enviroment with plenty of trees 🌲 Which is a shame but also an opportunity🌴 Just imagine 😍 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My favorite animals are cats. One of our cats have chosen me as her human. She was an alley cat that over time spent more and more time with use. Due to her age, she has decided that she will be a sweet indoor cat. Although cats seem so independent, they are very loving a social.

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

My favorite animals are sloths (because I love to sleep) and river otters (they’re so playful!).

Plant-wise, I have a soft spot for roses.  My late grandfather had the most beautiful rose garden; try as I might, I can’t replicate it, but I like trying!

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

I love fishes, be it of any kind, Their colors and patterns, so beautifully aligned. In rivers, lakes, or oceans wide, They glide through waters, a graceful stride.

From tiny guppies to majestic whales, Each species unique, their tales unveil. With fins that flutter and scales that shine, In underwater worlds, they define divine.

From playful dolphins to sleek barracudas, Each one captivating, a living melodious sight. In coral reefs, they dance and play, Bringing joy to every watery bay.

So, I love fishes, be it of any kind, For in their realm, endless wonders I find. They remind me of freedom, in every twist and turn, In the depths of oceans, their beauty I discern.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

I have a true fondness for animals and I am working on my ability to grow and care for plants or all kinds.  Here are my favorite dogs!

My Girls!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

In line with this month's badge theme, wild animals, I would like to introduce water deers, which are especially famous animals in Korea.

It's called Go-la-ni, and it's also called Vampire deer because its long fangs stick out of its mouth.

It is a rare species all over the world, very common in Korea and even in the suburbs, it is a very common animal that can be seen on the road during the day.

Especially my sons' favorite animals, and I wish I could live with them on Earth all the time.

@SewanYun  I have never heard of this animal and it was an absolute hit with my nieces when I showed them, they love all sorts of animals and was really cool to be able to introduce them to one they didn’t know about.  Thank you for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Favorite plant: Hibiscus

Favorite animal: Elephant

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I love all of the animal posts and pictures! I’m learning about new animals. I like the frog - agile and adaptable. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My favourite animal is the golden snub-nosed monkey. There’s just something about their squishy blue faces that just makes them the cutest thing in the world!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

My favorite animal is the ringtail. They’re local to my area (and can sometimes be found in my trashcans). I know some folks who keep them as pets but I love having them around my property because they are excellent at keeping the rodent population down. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Favourite plant: Sunflower 🌻  Follows the Sun… joy of sunshine and nature!

Favourite animal:  Lion 🦁

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

When it comes to animals, dolphins are my go-to fascination!!

Picture them: effortlessly gliding through the crystal-clear waters, their playful sounds echoing all around. Dolphins are the epitome of social charm and oceanic elegance. 🐬💙

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Community,

My favorite plant is Holy Basil AKA Tulsi plant.
In India, the Tulsi plant holds immense importance beyond its religious significance. It is deeply ingrained in the cultural fabric, often found in households, temples, and courtyards. Tulsi is cherished for its air-purifying properties and its ability to repel insects, making it a common sight in gardens and balconies. Additionally, Tulsi is utilized in Indian cuisine and herbal teas, adding flavor and health benefits to various dishes and beverages. Overall, Tulsi serves as a symbol of wellness, spirituality, and tradition in Indian society.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Two of my favorite plants are lavender and succulents. Lavender's fragrant purple flowers are perfect for relaxation, while succulents add beauty and require minimal care. Both bring joy and greenery to any space. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

My favorite animal is the ringtail. They’re local to my area (and can sometimes be found in my trashcans). I know some folks who keep them as pets but I love having them around my property because they are excellent at keeping the rodent population down. 

Ok, THIS might be my new favorite animal.  It is the cutest thing ever!!!

Badge +30

My favorite animal has to be the Elephant. It has such a majestic presence on our planet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I love pretty much all plants and animals - I have at least 50 houseplants and will pet any animal that comes my way (except snakes and raccoons). However, I live in upstate NY, and right now as spring is finally emerging, I love seeing all the crocus, snowdrops, and other early bulb flowers popping up. Happy First Day of Spring to everyone in the Northern Hemisphere!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
My favorite animal is my cat. She always helps me with my work by standing on the keyboard, which makes answering emails quite a challenge.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Tulsi, also known as holy basil or Ocimum tenuiflorum, is highly revered in Indian culture. It is known for its strong aroma and many medicinal properties. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

The initiative of this month is beautiful, and I say this as an animal lover. I have deep respect and admiration for all animals; however, my favorites will always be dogs. As for plants, I love colors, and specifically, I adore tulips. 🌷

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

my favourite member of the ecosystem would probably be the humble tree 🌳 I’m guessing most of us live in a (big) city and will bet only a few live in an urban enviroment with plenty of trees 🌲 Which is a shame but also an opportunity🌴 Just imagine 😍 

This is a great response, @SteveBelgraver -- we absolutely need to show trees more respect! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Tulsi, also known as holy basil or Ocimum tenuiflorum, is highly revered in Indian culture. It is known for its strong aroma and many medicinal properties. 

Tulsi tea is one of my favorites, @Shobhit 🍵

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Two of my favorite plants are lavender and succulents. Lavender's fragrant purple flowers are perfect for relaxation, while succulents add beauty and require minimal care. Both bring joy and greenery to any space. 

Gorgeous! I love succulents 🌱

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Community,

My favorite plant is Holy Basil AKA Tulsi plant.
In India, the Tulsi plant holds immense importance beyond its religious significance. It is deeply ingrained in the cultural fabric, often found in households, temples, and courtyards. Tulsi is cherished for its air-purifying properties and its ability to repel insects, making it a common sight in gardens and balconies. Additionally, Tulsi is utilized in Indian cuisine and herbal teas, adding flavor and health benefits to various dishes and beverages. Overall, Tulsi serves as a symbol of wellness, spirituality, and tradition in Indian society.

This is a wonderful reply to this month’s topic! As I replied to another member earlier, Tulsi tea is one of my favorite varieties. I had no idea about its importance, but now I do, thanks to your post! 

Leave a Reply