🌎️ Going Global | Badge of the Month | June 2022

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Quite a globe trotter, SteveBelgraver! 😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

This month's Badge question is right up my alley! Although born in Canberra, Australia I grew up in Ottawa, Canada (and recognize at least 3 pictures showing the Rideau Canal longrwr 😀). After graduating I moved to Osaka, Japan for my first job but found myself back in Canada 3 years later, Toronto this time which I still miss to this day. But the gypsy in me could not sit still for long so I moved to Marseille, France where I stayed 5 years. After my chapter in the Provence I settled near Utrecht in the Netherlands where I live in a small town along the Rhine river with my wife, two boys and a dog named Nuka.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I lived in UK, Germany and Austria and now based in Vienna, Austria.
I´d like to stay here, but traveling around is going to be my next plan ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I love seeing how global the Community is and where folks have lived! And the pics are great, too! 😍

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I´m from Brasilia born and raised. Spend 29 year in Brasilia than moved to Rio de Janeiro during the period of World Cup and Olympic Games. Stayed in Rio for 2.6 years. Since 2014 i´m living in São Paulo. I´d love to living somewhere in Europe some time in my live. Germany for example.

Badge +1

Was born in Winnipeg Canada, then lived in Germany near Lahr, then lived in Ottawa Canada, then Philadelphia US and then Ottawa Canada again -- where I settled when I was 20, except for 3 years in Toronto Canada. I have had the opportunity to travel a fair amount and but have to say a thank you to my parents for dropping the kids in Ottawa where we have stayed. As the capital of Canada the city regularly appears on best places to live lists. It is a beautiful city of about 1M with a lot of green space, bike paths and leisure activities easily available in and around the city. The population is highly educated and diverse as well as largely bilingual English and French. It is warm to hot in the Summer and cold in the winter and beautiful in all 4 seasons. You should visit. And not that this will influence everyone but there are a lot of craft breweries in town.
20210919_122516.jpg20210912_180226.jpg20211017_103930.jpg20211019_175058.jpg20211215_182804.jpg20220129_132233.jpg20220308_072803.jpg20220520_171938_2.jpg20220520_171942_2.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I grew up in the Washington, DC area and while I lived in Philadelphia, PA and New York City for school, I've always returned to the "DMV". I love the incredible diversity of this area, which gives us some very special cultural institutions, and being in this area, there is never a dull moment!

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

For most of my life, I've lived in Hyderabad, India. In the last 11 years, I've lived in Michigan for a majority of it, but have also lived in Chicago, IL and Provo, UT. Given an opportunity, I'd love to live in London and Los Angeles at some point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

I've lived along the East Coast of the USA, throughout the Midatlantic to New England: I grew up in Massachusetts, lived for the longest stretch (so far) in New Jersey, and currently live in Maryland (with a few more states thrown into the mix for short periods along the way).

Badge +48

🌎️  I've lived in quite a few places throughout the USA! I've spent most of my life in New Jersey, but have also lived in Seattle, Washington, Salt Lake City, Utah, Chicago, Illinois, and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. I hope to make it back towards the midwest sometime soon! 🌎

Leave a Reply