🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022 | XM Community

🦇 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022

🦇  Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2022

Show first post

108 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

My go-to horror book that I've read and love the series around our house is The Last Ritual - Horror at Arkham. A young couple gets engaged in a university where strange stories happen. The town is haunted and Alden (the main character) has gone to Arkham City to investigate horrific crimes. This book ties in as well as the Harry Potter books. The writer of these books H.P Lovecraft. They have adapted a drama series in 2020 in the name of Lovecraft country which is excellent!

horreur.jpglovecraft.jpglovecraft country.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good morning from a cloudy Sweden!
LOVE scary movies, the missus does not. So I'm not seeing too many scary movies these days, but yes, Stranger Things season 4 was great but not very scary.
Read a book that was pretty creepy that is called "The thirst" by Norwegian writer Jo Nesbø.

BUT, I have seen a TRAILER that seriously sent chills down my spine and although my wife have already hard opt'ed out of seeing this one, it's a sure MUST for me.
Check out the trailer for the upcoming move "Smile" here (Youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDK7lkzzsU

All the best
-Mattias

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

One more vote for Stranger Things - definitely my favourite spooky series.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The scariest thing I've seen on TV in 2022 is definitely Stranger Things Season 4. The show had its dark moments in the past already, but season 4 went all the way up to the level of The Exorcist 😱
image.png

I absolutely love dressing up in scary costumes along with my kids and going trick or treating.
Ok I’m a huge fan of going to haunted houses during the month of October. Also I love going to scarewinds in North Carolina. Also around this time of the year, my sisters and I love getting together with our kids and tell ghost stories, weather they are true or false, fake or real, we scare the crap out of

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I am a big fan of Stephen King's books from back in the day 📚️ I don't watch too many scary TV shows or movies, but I have a lot of fun memories about Halloween as a kid 🎃
It's also interesting to see how many countries have similar events or celebrations as part of their culture! Martinstag in Germany (in certain regions) has some similarities with Halloween, when children also go from house to house with lanterns, singing songs and getting candy in return.
I'm curious to know from our global members if you have similar traditions where you live? 🌍

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

I typically do not watch scary films, unless it's with a group 😅 I watched Orphan movie with friends a long time back, and I remember that I absolutely had no idea what type of movie it was so that was a very scary surprise! 👻 I recently learnt its prequel, Orphan 2, came out to theaters and I think it's safe to say I wont be going to it by myself.

Badge +48

🦇 I absolutely loved the show Black Bird on Apple TV 🦇

This mini tv series gave me chills and is certifiably spooky! Based on a true story, Black Bird is about a convict who collaborates with the FBI to obtain a confession from a suspected serial killer. The convict, Taron Egerton, is forced to transfer to a maximum security prison where the suspected serial killer is detained and must befriend said killer. I'd give it a 10/10!
Artboard 1.png

Leave a Reply