🎯 New Year’s Resolutions | Badge of the Month | January 2024 | XM Community

🎯 New Year’s Resolutions | Badge of the Month | January 2024

• 4 January 2024
  • 78 replies
🎯 New Year’s Resolutions | Badge of the Month | January 2024
Badge +48

New Year’s Resolutions

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between January 4 and January 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month.

Task: Tell us about your New Year’s resolutions and professional goals for 2024!

Here at Qualtrics, we set professional goals on the company, organizational, team, and individual levels each year and quarter, driving success. Set your goals and resolutions for 2024 with us and share them by commenting below. Whether your goal is to receive a promotion, update your resume, or free up storage on your devices, we can’t wait to hear all about it!

This topic has been closed for comments

78 replies

Badge +48

@gdyczyak I can’t wait to hear about each of the books you read. I would love to see a list of your favorites from the year!

Userlevel 6
Badge +45

Happy New Year!  This year is off to a good start (for me, and I hope for you all as well) 😊
Professionally, my goals are to find ways to be more efficient--starting by automating as many of my ETL workflows as possible.  I also hope to do at least one presentation at a professional conference.
Personally, I have quite a few resolutions this year.  The main one’s I’m focused on right now are reading more, completing at least one home improvement project, and compiling a cookbook of family recipes.  I’m pretty excited about keeping them all, which should make it easier! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hello Everyone,

It was great to read through all your resolutions.

Sharing some of mine - 

1. Personal: Start playing cricket (haven’t played for long)
  2. Professional: Get more certifications and continue to support all our customers in achieving their usecase.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello everyone!

My new year's resolution professionally is to learn and be at an intermediate level using SQL and Employee Journey Analytics within Qualtrics. I feel these can go hand in hand when attempting to join data together, but we’ll first need more employee responses😅 That also is a part of my new years resolution in finding ways to promote responses! 

Personally, I am TRYING to become a morning person but all 4 years in college I was a night owl and ate pizza at 12 AM studying 😂 

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

Professional: add an additional person to our team and have them mostly trained by the end of the year

Personal: we’re welcoming our first baby this year so soaking up all the snuggles and moments we’re able ❤

Badge +48

@SavannahH Congratulations on welcoming your firstborn! What an exciting year you have ahead of you (and many more after that)!

Badge +48

Happy New Year!  This year is off to a good start (for me, and I hope for you all as well) 😊
Professionally, my goals are to find ways to be more efficient--starting by automating as many of my ETL workflows as possible.  I also hope to do at least one presentation at a professional conference.
Personally, I have quite a few resolutions this year.  The main one’s I’m focused on right now are reading more, completing at least one home improvement project, and compiling a cookbook of family recipes.  I’m pretty excited about keeping them all, which should make it easier! 

A cookbook of family recipes is such a thoughtful idea - I absolutely love it! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Happy New Year everyone!
My goal for this year is to exercise (or play) daily and keep myself fit so that I can be more productive throughout the year.
Hope you all also remain healthy and productive throughout the year. 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

My professional goal for this year is to continue working on documentation for all of the Qualtrics projects at our district. I want to make sure that anyone who comes after me is able to understand how our projects work (since I definitely did not when I started here!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Professionally I would like to learn web development.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Professionally, I plan to explore Qualtrics integration with various applications that are not currently possible using the out-of-the-box functionality. 

Badge +48

@jflowers1 It’s wonderful to hear how you set goals around actioning and identifying experiences that need improvement 👏🏻

Badge +48

Professionally, I plan to explore Qualtrics integration with various applications that are not currently possible using the out-of-the-box functionality. 

I can’t wait to learn all about the custom integrations you create! 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

New Year’s resolution would be get more sleep.

For professional - complete my Qualtrics EX Certification.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

My New Year’s Resolution is to become EX Certified! I have begun the training and am excited to add additional Qualtrics knowledge to my toolbox. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Attend X4 - already registered!

Obtain Customer XM Expert and Qualtrics Platform Essentials Certification

Mature my CX Program to stage 4 “Scale” in the XM Institute Maturity model

Explore ways to leverage the EX platform

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

My New Year’s Resolution is to become EX Certified! I have begun the training and am excited to add additional Qualtrics knowledge to my toolbox. 

That is a fantastic goal, Tanner! 💪

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Attend X4 - already registered!

Obtain Customer XM Expert and Qualtrics Platform Essentials Certification

Mature my CX Program to stage 4 “Scale” in the XM Institute Maturity model

Explore ways to leverage the EX platform

What a great list! Hope to see you in person at X4! 🎉

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@gdyczyak I can’t wait to hear about each of the books you read. I would love to see a list of your favorites from the year!

Hey Amara,

Haven't completed anything yet in 2024 but I’m on the 2nd book of the Red Rising series (a book i mention below) but these are 2 of my favourite books with their synopsis from last year.

Shantaram

• Is a 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, in which a convicted Australian bank robber and heroin addict escapes from Pentridge Prison and flees to India. The novel is commended by many for its vivid portrayal of life in Bombay in the early to late 1980s.

Red Rising

• Darrow is a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he works all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of Mars livable for future generations.
  • Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better world for his children.
  • But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow—and Reds like him—are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Happy new year !!!!

Professionally :  I want to do more development work.

Personally : I want reduce time wasted on Social media😓

Badge +48

Hey Amara,

Haven't completed anything yet in 2024 but I’m on the 2nd book of the Red Rising series (a book i mention below) but these are 2 of my favourite books with their synopsis from last year.

Shantaram

• Is a 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, in which a convicted Australian bank robber and heroin addict escapes from Pentridge Prison and flees to India. The novel is commended by many for its vivid portrayal of life in Bombay in the early to late 1980s.

Red Rising

• Darrow is a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he works all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of Mars livable for future generations.
  • Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better world for his children.
  • But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow—and Reds like him—are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

@gdyczyak Omg thank you so much! Both of these books honestly sound amazing. I absolutely love sci-fi so I’m going to order Red Rising today 😂 The premise sounds a bit similar to the Apple TV show Silo, if you ever get the chance to watch! 

Badge +48

@NiC I think we can all relate to your personal goal 😂

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Happy New Year everyone! ✨

My professional resolution is: Continue to learn and develop to reach new levels.

On a more personal note, my resolution for the year 2024 is to read more books.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Professionally, I plan on organizing my job tasks to be more proactive with repetitive tasks. I want to be more ahead of the game on more cyclic routines rather than just waiting for certain data requests, print jobs, scheduling, etc. as my position evolves.

Personally, I want to take time to de-stress and recharge more. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Happy New Year everyone! ✨

My professional resolution is: Continue to learn and develop to reach new levels.

On a more personal note, my resolution for the year 2024 is to read more books.

I fully support these resolutions! Would love any and all book recommendations, too! 📚