5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2022 | XM Community

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2022

Badge +48

Badge of the Month, May 2022How To Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between May 2 and May 31, will receive this badge worth 25 points.

Badge Of The Month | May 2022

Task: Fight cancer by joining one of the virtual or in-person 5K For The Fight events!
Join the XM Community Team here and sign up for an event! Be sure to comment, telling us about why you chose it, your plans and experience participating! Alternatively, donate $5 to the cause here!
Here at Qualtrics, we care a lot about cancer research. This year, we are going all out for the 5K For The Fight, a way to get active, raise money, and come together, virtually or in-person, for cancer research.
The Qualtrics-led nonprofit, 5 For The Fight, is a global campaign inviting everyone to donate $5 to the fight against cancer. Each donation is made in honor of someone who is battling or has been touched by the disease. 5 For The Fight has raised more than $26 million to help eradicate cancer with one hundred percent of those funds donated directly to the world’s leading cancer researchers.

Virtual Events

5K (5 kilometers, 3.1 miles) 

May 19 - 21, 2022

The Virtual, Global 5K For The Fight 

Running, hiking, wheelchair, walking 

Peloton Ride

May 29, 2022 

Ride with Ally Love, Peloton Ride 

60-minute Peloton class 

The Do 5 Challenge

May 

Get creative with anything you can think of

5, 50, or 500 of them

In-Person Events

5K (5 kilometers, 3.1 miles) 

May 19 - 21, 2022

Qualtrics Office Near You

If you select the in-person option, you will be invited to a group run/walk from a Qualtrics office near you

Pickleball Doubles Bracketed Tournament

May 16 - 19, 2022 

Qualtrics HQ

Register by April 29th; you will receive a form by email on May 10th to designate your team along with any other follow up instructions from event organizers.

Toonhoogte Fietstocht

May 20 - 22, 2022

Orval, Belgium

Register 

5K Challenge Locations Map

31 replies

Badge +48

Thank you so much CamM for helping us reach such an important goal!! The community contributions mean the world to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

CamM you are too kind! Thank you so very much -- you did indeed tip us over the target and we are overjoyed! Thank you so much for participating and donating to the cause! ❤️

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I'm a bit late to the party, but donated to the cause and (hopefully) tipped us over the XM Community Team fundraising target 😀

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46374#Comment_46374Thank you so much for the donation! I'm so sorry to hear about the way cancer has impacted your family. Hopefully, together we can beat cancer once and for all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Donated in honor of my cousin (and multiple other family members we have lost to cancer). What a great cause.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46249#Comment_46249Thank you so much for your thoughtful contributions and for helping us make a difference!

Badge +8

image.pngDonation made! Thanks for your community-minded effort to pull us together for this important cause.

Badge +48

jflowers1 absolutely no pressure, but I just want to let you know that you can make your own event/challenge if you want to get active! Thank you for all of your support and for your donation. We are all rooting for your friend 💙

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

I'm not near any of the in-person events, but I've made a donation to the cause. Thank you for supporting this important research. I have a good friend who has been fighting cancer for over five years now; I hope science is able to find a cure soon.

Badge +48

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46222#Comment_46222Thank you so much, Steve! Your contributions mean so much to us 💚

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

joined and donated! Glad to have this opportunity to participate and contribute 💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

bgooldfed I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your family member and you're right -- this is something that seems to affect everyone's families in some way or another, unfortunately ❤️
Absolutely 5K on a rowing machine counts! We're encouraging people to be active or participate in any creative they wish!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

This is great - I lost a family member to cancer a few years ago and have seen my friends battle through it with their families too. It's always wonderful to see such great causes happening to kick its butt.
I used to run a 5k every week and have been getting that itch to work my cardio again - would 5k on the rowing machine count? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi there, KOgles -- thank you for donating and signing up for the virtual event! We're so glad you're taking part this year. We are inspired to hear how your mother beat cancer previously, and naturally we're all behind you now in her latest fight ❤️ Glad to hear she has a great team around her and great family support from you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +20

Love this ♥️
I've donated and signed up for the virtual event. I fight for my mom who fought and won her battle with breast cancer 22 years ago and is now fighting stage 3 lung cancer. She's got a great medical team, and is almost done with chemo and radiation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi IsabelPosada_Voce, I will share that feedback with the team! In the meantime, you can still participate by doing your own 5K in your neighborhood or favorite park!

Userlevel 6
Badge +52

Great events! and great campaign, hope to have soon one of those In person events for LATAM😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I just joined--glad to hear about it!

Badge +48

MattiasM, SteveBelgraver, AdamK12, Theodor_Zus, cbhavsar, lizb311 I just wanted to let you all know that your openness and thoughtful responses led Michael_Cooksey and I to start our own XM Community Team for the 5K events! All XM Community members are encouraged to join the team, which you can do here.  Alternatively, donate to the cause here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

AdamK12, this is so exciting to see. Can't wait to see a finished version of one of the cards! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Michael_Cooksey thanks! This is something that I've been doing since earlier in the pandemic--I wanted a creative outlet that made something old from new, and was inspired by some research that I did about card design. Now that I've been getting more into data visualization that's become another thread that I pursue.
Here are the cards mid-process -- I paint gesso as a background onto each card so that it will take the acrylic colors that I put on in the next phase.
qualtrics 5ftf gesso pic.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

lizb311, cbhavsar and Theodor_Zus we are so heartened to hear about how you're getting involved! Thanks for supporting the cause!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

AdamK12 that's amazing! What a creative idea and fantastic way to get involved. We love it! ❤️

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Cool,
the 5k tour will fits perfect!
looking forward to join the event!

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

This is indeed a great noble cause. I will take up 5km Virtual run/walk challenge.
Looking forward for the great impactful outcome from an event.

Leave a Reply