❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023 | XM Community

❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023

• 4 December 2023
  • 56 replies
❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023
Badge +48

BADGE OF THE MONTH

Favorite Holidays | December 2023

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between December 4 and December 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Question: What’s your favorite holiday food and why?

Our community members celebrate countless holidays throughout the year and around the globe. Here in the United States, ‘tis the season, the holiday season! We want to learn about the holidays you love, why they are so special to you, and your favorite food to eat and celebrate. 

This topic has been closed for comments

56 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Holi is my favorite festival and colours are a big part of a person’s life, and the festival of colours brings with it tasty lifelines with it – food, of course! It goes without saying that Gujia is the official sweet of Holi, but other than that, I also enjoy Rabri, various Namkeens, and so many types of Barfis too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

My favorite Holiday food would have to be Stuffing as it is truly only made at both Christmas and Thanksgiving, so it is something to look forward to and we only enjoy it two times per year.

As it was made throughout my childhood and the recipe hasn't really changed, it always reminds me of home and being around family.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

I love NYE/NY Day - for the feelings of wrapping up the old, starting fresh. We slow down, hang out with friends or our kids, play games, etc. Just a nice together day without all the chaos of Thanksgiving/Christmas, etc. Food-wise, I love Thanksgiving because I could eat stuffing and cranberries all day, every day!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

My favorite holiday is Christmas, and mainly the sweets that are prepared during this time. Gingerbread is my favorite cake. It contains many aromatic additions, such as cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, etc. I love the smell of gingerbread and the time I spend decorating them with children.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

My favorite holiday food is Norwegian Lefse.   We used to make it with my grandma every year, but now we only make it every couple of years.  My mom’s frosted sugar cookies are also the best treat ever!  

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

BADGE OF THE MONTH

Favorite Holidays | December 2023

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between December 4 and December 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Question: What’s your favorite holiday food and why?

Our community members celebrate countless holidays throughout the year and around the globe. Here in the United States, ‘tis the season, the holiday season! We want to learn about the holidays you love, why they are so special to you, and your favorite food to eat and celebrate. 

Stuffing (Thanksgiving) and Tamales (Christmas Eve) are certainly up there, but from an overall taste and memories aspect I’d have to choose these breakfast casseroles that my nana used to make Christmas morning, and then, in turn, my mom would also make. The casseroles were made up of eggs, potatoes and cheese, and then one would have chorizo, the other would have regular breakfast sausage.  We would typically eat it as a burrito or just tear off pieces of tortilla and scoop it up that way.  That would usually be my breakfast and lunch for the day.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +33

My favorite holiday food is tamales. My family always has Mexican food for Christmas Eve dinner. I haven’t tried making my own before, but luckily where I live there is no shortage of great options to pick some up nearby!

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

LOVE sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving and for our traditional Christmas Day brunch my dad made the absolute best biscuits.  He tweaked his recipe and process to perfection but we lost him before any of us were able to learn his secrets. 😥 As for a holiday sweet, mom’s buckeye balls!  When I was a kid I would make myself sick from eating too many.  🤣 haha

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

PIES and COOKIES!!!!

If you force me to be more specific...pumpkin pie by a  very narrow margin!

Badge +48

@MattiasM the Midsummer joke has me laughing hysterically! I love that movie 😂

Badge +48

@SewanYun Thank you so much for sharing! I love K-food, it’s delicious👏🏻 I’ll try braised short ribs the next chance I get! 

Badge +48

@gingersauz I’m so sad to hear you didn’t get to learn his secret recipe. Hopefully, you’ll get close to recreating his biscuits with time! Buckeye balls are always so good - I can totally understand why you’d do that as a kid 😂

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

I love a good holiday ham and some of Grandma’s cheesy potatoes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

My Favourite festival is Rann Utsav (Kutch) in the white sandy deserts and blue open sky. @TusharDalwani introduced me to it 😍

Indeed! one of my favorite festivals.

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

That’s an easy one this month!

My favourite christmas dish is “Sauerbraten” (marinated pot roast) with a special type of fluffy dumplings and a lot of gravy.

And of course christmas cookies.

Userlevel 3
Badge +20

Fried Turkey, come on.  The unhealthiest version of a healthy protein.  It is the definition of a sometimes treat, but twice a year (Thanksgiving and Christmas) it is the best holiday food.

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

The absolute unmissable food during the Christmas holidays in the Netherlands are the traditional OLIEBOLLEN and APPELBEIGNETS. Typical winterfare deep fried and covered in sugar 😋

💜 OLIEBOLLEN are deep fried doughballs infused with raisins, currants along with some fruit confit and topped off with powdered sugar

💚 APPELBEIGNETS are chunky apple slices coated in dough, deep fried and covered in cinnanon sugar

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 🎇💥🎄

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Truly speaking, all holidays are fun and I like them all 😂

The most loved one is Diwali (festival of lights, crackers, sweets and celebrations all around). 

Diwali Sweets added as an attachment 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I'm not very original, but my favorite holiday food is rice krispie squares. 

It was a tradition to prepare rice krispie with my mother when I was young, and even though we no longer live together, it remains a food filled with beautiful memories and love.

Just talking about it here makes me want to make some tonight hahaha! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

PIES and COOKIES!!!!

If you force me to be more specific...pumpkin pie by a  very narrow margin!

I’m with Adam on this one -- any holiday that involves cookies is my favorite holiday 🍪 I have zero self control around cookies! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Oh my all the wonderful sounding food and treats everyone has shared… I am hungry now.  For my my go to holiday food is always gingerbread.  I am awful at making it - but I am sooo good at eating it!! It’s one food I’d be happy to eat all year round - but typically only remember how much I love it each Christmas.  The smell, sight & taste gets my senses tingling with holiday joy 🎅

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

My favorite food in Indian cuisine. The food tastes amazing the way they are prepped and cooked.

Chole Kucke, pav bhaji, authentic biriyani with lassi.

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

I am enjoying hearing about everyone’s food and traditions!

My favorite holiday is NYE/New Year’s Day.  When I was a kid, we would relax and play games/watch movies all day, and my mom used to fill the table with all sorts of snacks for the day - popcorn munch mix, fruit salad, veggie tray, pigs in a blanket, and so many desserts! But my favorite of all is the “bite size pizza” she would make; italian sausage, velveeta, spices, then spooned onto rye party loaf and toasted until everything was warm and gooey and delicious.

I have carried this tradition on with my family and everyone seems to just enjoy the day(s) of slowing down and just having fun together.  Good way to ring in the fresh, new year!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Christmas is my favourite holiday. We will begin the celebration in early December by decorating the Christmas tree and our home. We'll bake cakes and have a party with our family and neighbours.

Briyani is the most popular Christmas dish in the southern portion of India and it’s my favourite food.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I love the sour cabbage soup with sausage and dry mushrooms from Slovakia!  Its very tasty and its part of the Christmas tradition! Plus I think the fermented cabbage is also healthy! 

Wishing everybody a delicious Christmas! 

Regards, 

Livia