❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023 | XM Community

❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023

• 4 December 2023
  • 56 replies
❄️ Favorite Holidays | Badge of the Month | December 2023
Badge +48

BADGE OF THE MONTH

Favorite Holidays | December 2023

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between December 4 and December 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Question: What’s your favorite holiday food and why?

Our community members celebrate countless holidays throughout the year and around the globe. Here in the United States, ‘tis the season, the holiday season! We want to learn about the holidays you love, why they are so special to you, and your favorite food to eat and celebrate. 

This topic has been closed for comments

56 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Food wise pumpkin pie (actually pumpkin everything!).  Also my mother’s homemade rolls which she makes for the Fall/Winter Holidays have no equal.  My grandmother was also fond of a velvet cut out cookie recipe that I am trying to convince my husband to make this Christmas.  Cut out iced sugar cookies like that tend to be pretty messy and labor intensive but oh so worth it in the end.  We haven’t made them for a couple of years.

My favorite holiday is actually Halloween.  I love the fall, dressing up and all things creepy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

My favorite holiday is Christmas.  Our family has a lot of traditions during the year but Christmas has always been special to me.  Years ago I started a tradition with my daughter who now has her own kids and each December we make Christmas cookies together. My favorite food at the Christmas meal is ham and homemade dressing. Cherish your family every chance you get because tomorrow is not promised.  Merry Christmas everyone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

My favorite holiday is Diwali!

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

My favorite holiday food is a pretty basic item, but it has alot of fond memories for me. Homemade dinner rolls at Thanksgiving. My grandmother used to make them from scratch and they would just melt in your mouth. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +27

Since we’re in the Christmas season my favourite holiday food has to be Christmas cookies!!🍪🎅🏾 Every year I make and decorate gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies and chocolate crinkle cookies to share with friends and family and spread some delicious holiday cheer!🎄❄

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

When it comes to food, I think my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving! 🦃  I love turkey!  🦃  Dark meat, white meat, drumsticks, and leftovers!  After the big day enjoying the perfectly browned and succulent turkey (with all its amazing nooks and crannies), we then use the leftovers to make Turkey Tetrazzini (delicious), turkey soup, and turkey sandwiches all of which I love! 

Badge +48

Christmas is hands-down my favorite holiday. I absolutely love Christmas decor and cannot get enough of it. 

I have a few different favorite holiday foods! I love sugar cookies, and pecan pie which I usually bake around Christmas. My other favorite holiday food is fresh cranberry sauce, which I like to eat with Thanksgiving turkey.

Badge +48

My favorite holiday is Diwali!

How did you celebrate this past November?! 🕯

Badge +48

My favorite holiday food is a pretty basic item, but it has alot of fond memories for me. Homemade dinner rolls at Thanksgiving. My grandmother used to make them from scratch and they would just melt in your mouth. 

Reading this just made me so hungry 😂

Badge +48

Food wise pumpkin pie (actually pumpkin everything!).  Also my mother’s homemade rolls which she makes for the Fall/Winter Holidays have no equal.  My grandmother was also fond of a velvet cut out cookie recipe that I am trying to convince my husband to make this Christmas.  Cut out iced sugar cookies like that tend to be pretty messy and labor intensive but oh so worth it in the end.  We haven’t made them for a couple of years.

My favorite holiday is actually Halloween.  I love the fall, dressing up and all things creepy.

I need to see pictures of the velvet cut out cookie 😍

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

My favorite holiday, actually is Christmas and New Year’s eve, and I looooove the joy of spending time with family and friends. My favorite food during these days is a local Colombian dish called Natilla and buñuelos. I feel that it’s a time to appreciate for what you have experienced and to eagerly start another new year. 🎄

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

My favorite holiday is by far Christmas time! Perhaps it’s because it’s the holiday that can be celebrated the longest (we like to follow Disney’s lead and celebrate immediately after Halloween!). It’s a great time of year to be with friends and family and I love that everyone is a lot more giving and selfless. My favorite food (snack) for the holidays is Peppermint Bark. Williams Sonoma makes a really good kind and recently came out with a s’mores version that I can’t wait to try. The peppermint and chocolate combo tastes and smells like Christmas to me!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

My Favourite festival is Rann Utsav (Kutch) in the white sandy deserts and blue open sky. @TusharDalwani introduced me to it 😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

My favorite festival is Diwali (Deepawali). It's not just festival but it's a emotion for me. There are multiple recipes which a love to cook and eat but specially for holiday festival my favorite holiday food is Chhole Bhature (Chickpea Curry with Fried Flatbreads). 🥰😍😍🥰

Badge +30

My Favourite food would be a nice chicken roast, as it's the perfect food for Christmas

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

Foodwise, I’d say my favourite special occasion is not a real holiday but rather the annual spring “Cabane à sucre” (sugar shack) family gathering where we have (among many other things) maple taffy poured on snow.

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

The smell of the Christmas tree, lots of great food and snow ☃

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello and good morning from a snowy Sweden!

In Sweden we more or less do a repeat of the holiday foods over Christmas, Easter and Midsummer (don’t trust the movie, it’s not like that….. ...or…?)

So Christmas food in general would be things like pickled herring in different flavors, baked ham, egg, boiled potatoes, sausages, beet root salad, “Janssons temptation” (a potato gratin with anchovies), mustard, smoked salmon, brussel sprouts, SNAPS and OF COURSE meatballs!!!!

The main thing that is exclusive (to my family at least) is the baked ham. That is only eaten during Christmas. During Easter and Midsummer there is a lot more focus on eggs and the pickled herring. 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

My favorite Festival is Deepawali (Diwali). All family members meet at granny;s home and we together decor the house and vehicles. This is not just a festival, it’s an emotion for us.
About food, my favorite is the sweets which we prepare in home itself.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

My favorite is Christmas week. Starting with Christmas celebration with office friends then my son’s birthday planning and party in the same week and after that new year blast.

Lot of shopping, parties and variety of food. A week full of fun.😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Christmas holidays are one of the season where I have some more time to cook, so whatever I’ll find in my recipe book will be on the menu !

I’m more a sugar addict so I’ve already planned to make some cookies with my kids, and a Christmas log, of course !

Maybe I’ll like to cook chocolate truffles and Maple syrup tartlet… Cheesecake… Croissants… Brioche… Chocolate cake… The only limit will be the snow (because we have to plan time to play outside !)

Of course, my Christmas main will be roasted duck breast with home made fries 🤤

Greetings to all the Community 🎅

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

My favorite holiday food is Frog Eye Salad (don’t worry, the “frog eyes” are just acini de pepe pasta). The pasta’s suspended in a lemon juice custard, combined with crushed and chunk pineapple, mandarin oranges, fresh whipped cream, marshmallows, and shredded coconut.

It shows up on my Thanksgiving plate - as a side? as a dessert? Who cares?! Then I usually have some more for dessert. Then I eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in-between until I’ve consumed the entire confection.

In the house I grew up in, my siblings and I all loved it, so it lasted no more than 2 days. In a freakish (and lucky!) turn of events, my wife and 5 kids don’t care for the stuff. So once Thanksgiving with the larger family is done (for whom I make 1 LARGE mixing bowl), I get the leftovers all to myself. It lasts 4 days at most. :) I honestly wish my own family enjoyed it, but I’m not complaining over their silly refusal of such a delicious dish.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

My favourite festival is Diwali and Kite Festival (AKA - Makar Sankranti) of Gujarat.

Diwali - I like catching up with all my family friends and cousins during that time of the year and all specially made Diwali savouries - (Gujarati) Cholafali, Mathiya and others.

Kite festival - Sky full of kites in Gujarat state (India) during 14th Jan.

Special food items that I like of Kite fest/Winter season - (Gujarati) - Undhyu (Mixed veg), Lilva Kachori 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

To pick a favorite is tough but I’d have to say I’m with team Pumpkin Pie! It’s been a part of my family holidays since I can remember. Hope everyone enjoys a special holiday moment this year.

Userlevel 4
Badge +22

My favorite holiday foods are Gal-bizim, Braised Short Ribs, and so on.
It is a traditional Korean food shared with family during the traditional Korean season of Chuseok, Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving.

Every Chuseok, what my mother makes becomes a routine, so it reminds me of the food I think of when I think of Chuseok, and I naturally think of my mother.

K-food is popular all over the world, and if you're in a nearby restaurant, I highly recommend you try it. It's not spicy and sweet, so even kids can eat it easily.