How do I group different questions onto one bar chart? — Qualtrics Community
June 23, 2021: We have released an update to the theme of our Community site today. You can read more details about the changes and improvements introduced in this release in our New Updates to the Community Theme Released post. Please leave your feedback through this Community Redesign Feedback Survey.

How do I group different questions onto one bar chart?

cryan01
cryan01 Community Member Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in CX Dashboards

My survey rates workers on different criteria on a scale from 1 to 4. I want to group certain questions onto one bar chart. I've created a field group in the Dashboard data, but can't figure out how to make the appropriate widget. Creating a simple chart with a Count metric just displays how many people answered each question, but I want to see how many people (or what percent of people) were at a 1, 2, 3, or 4 for each question.

Best Answer

• Rich_Boits_Walker
    Rich_Boits_Walker IndianapolisCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Sage ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @cryan01 ,

You're on the right track here. The simplest way I've found to make a good visualization for this is to use the field group and horizontal bar - simple chart.

• Set the X-Axis to your field group
    • Then setup up your metric using the Top Box / Bottom Box metric type and move the option bar to just include a single choice. You will want to label it appropriately as it will display in the key.
    • Add a separate metric for each of the remaining choice values.
    • Then select Stack Chart from graph options at the bottom

This will give you a stacked bar for each questions broken by choice value.

Answers

Sign In to Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!