authenticator and Okta | XM Community
Solved

authenticator and Okta

• 14 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

we set up Qualtics to use SSO (Okta, Shibboleth). It is working.

now in a survey flow i set up a authenticator to make a branch (If condition) for employees and customer.
our imployees should be authenticated via SSO to get some additional questions - which is working fine.

In case of failed authentication: system should skip some questions and continiue with questions for the customer. This is working with contact lists fields as password.

Problem: if we use Okta for SSO it mange this authenitcation and if it is failing (because it is a customer) it do not send back the information to Qualtrics to handle the failed authenitcation. Okta then try to force the authentication.

Any idea how to set it up that it is working like authentication with contact list?
(reason why we try to avoid contact lists is to make it easier for our emplyees)

MD
icon

Best answer by NiC 14 August 2018, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @mdiener
I dont know much about Okta or Shibboleth.
but if your problem is when the survey taker fails SSO authenication and the SSO provider is forcing authenciation and not allowing them to go ahead , You can just ask the survey takers a question if they are Customers or Employees.
Now you can put the authenticator in a branch for only the employees . You can then verify these employess with SSO and show them the question block meant for them.
ok - understand. I'll check this now....

Problem is that the Client will get this as Retake link (prefilled from our Client executives). in that case the selection "i'm a marsh employee" is already set. the Chance that the Client not Change the selection to "i'm a Client" is high and would force him to Octa.

but indeed the idea is mabye worth to check.... many thanks!

Leave a Reply