Audio files/clips not playing on mobile but okay on PC/Laptops | XM Community
Skip to main content

HI! does anyone know why my audio clips/files aren't loading or playing on my mobile when we take the survey but its perfectly fine on the PC/Laptops?

There is an audio bar for each clip and is not on auto play, but when we press play there is no sound coming out except for a few clips.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Most files are in .wav or .mp3

Hi katgan,
It sounds like a software issue in which mobiles don’t have the required software.
To avoid this, it is recommended to upload the audio files to another website and embed them into the Qualtrics survey from there.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND using Soundcloud for hosting audio files to embed into surveys, as if the participant does not continue on with the survey immediately, soundcloud starts to randomly play tracks from their website (not what you want!). You can use Bandcamp for high quality wav files, but they do not accept mp3 format. You will be able to find a hosting platform, and then embed into your survey from there.

Hi Pamela!

Thanks for your help! I think it works now. Was just wondering if you do know any other hosting platforms?

Also another question,

is there any possible way to change the audio bar that ive embedded from bandcamp (from this)
bandcamp audio bar.png

to something like this?
original audio bar.png

Leave a Reply