custom code for pairwise combintaion of responses | XM Community
Question

custom code for pairwise combintaion of responses

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello XM Community,

I'm working on a survey project where participants are asked to identify both their starting and ending cities for a specific journey. My challenge is to do with  categorising these journeys as either intrastate (ie within California) or interstate. For context, in California alone, we have 12 major cities, resulting in 66 possible city pairings, plus the reverse direction of travel.  We have 4 states in total.

Using traditional branch logic and embedded data fields in Qualtrics seems impractical due to the sheer volume of potential combinations. My goal is to find a more efficient method to group these responses correctly without having to manually code an exhaustive list of combinations.

I am thinking about post-processing step outside of Qualtrics, as we have already 100K responses.  Is it possible to use a web service to process responses in real-time and categorise them accordingly? 

Has anyone faced a similar challenge with categorizing responses based on a large number of combinations? If so, how did you tackle it?

Thank you!

Al

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

How do 12 major cities result in just 66 pairs, shouldn’t be 12x11?

Anyway, you could use a drilldown question to get around it. See this: 

Badge +2

Thank you Ahmed ! 

Leave a Reply