Custom JS Code for Matrix Type Question | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am looking to modify the way a Matrix Question is asked.

Looking for BOTH the percentage AND Disagree-Agree on a set of 2 individual but connected statements.  I have them all individualized right now, but I want to combine the multiple sets into 1 matrix.  

So what I need is a Matrix Likert with the JS to add in a second category/statement mixed in:

I need to make a Likert Matrix have 2 separate TYPES of statements.

Example Question: 

(Q)We are interested in your experiences in high school and your expectations for the Institution. 

(Statement 1) What percentage of students at your highschool do you think cheated on school assignments? 

(Answer Choice) 0-10% 10-20% 20-30% 30-40% 40-50% 50-60% 60-70% 

(Statement 2 - Likert Scale Points) Cheating on school assignments was generally acceptable in my friend group in highschool. 

(Answer Choice) Strongly disagree Disagree Slightly disagree Neither agree nor disagree Slightly agree Agree Strongly agree 

I am looking to modify the way a Matrix Question is asked.

Looking for BOTH the percentage AND Disagree-Agree on a set of 2 individual but connected statements.  I have them all individualized right now, but I want to combine the multiple sets into 1 matrix.  

So what I need is a Matrix Likert with the JS to add in a second category/statement mixed in:

I need to make a Likert Matrix have 2 separate TYPES of statements.

Example Question: 

(Q)We are interested in your experiences in high school and your expectations for the Institution. 

(Statement 1) What percentage of students at your highschool do you think cheated on school assignments? 

(Answer Choice) 0-10% 10-20% 20-30% 30-40% 40-50% 50-60% 60-70% 

(Statement 2 - Likert Scale Points) Cheating on school assignments was generally acceptable in my friend group in highschool. 

(Answer Choice) Strongly disagree Disagree Slightly disagree Neither agree nor disagree Slightly agree Agree Strongly agree 

In matrix question -> format section set it to profile!

Yes, that does do the job - HOWEVER, the percentages need to have 10 scale points, while the disagree-agree only need 7 scale points.  Is there a way to add extra scale points to only some of the statements?

Yes, that does do the job - HOWEVER, the percentages need to have 10 scale points, while the disagree-agree only need 7 scale points.  Is there a way to add extra scale points to only some of the statements?

Yup! Just backspace the “click to enter text” text and click enter (  to make the answer choice blank) and preview it

Leave a Reply