Dashboard | XM Community

Dashboard

• 23 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi All.
I would like to know if it's possible to create drop down menus instead of adding pages using filters.
This option of a dropdown view on the CX Dashboards product is not available.
Can this be coded?
Thanks,
Al

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

AL_2022 ,
Would like to help here but I have a question or two. When you say "Drop Down Menus" are you referring to a page level drop down menu where people can filter the page?
For our organization, we set up filters, then "lock" them. This gives our audience the ability to use "drop down" menus for numerous filters so we don't have to create pages by region, by sales segment, by service line, etc. It's all in one dashboard page and individual users can filter to see what they want. See screenshot below.
Is this helpful?
image.png

Badge +2

Hi Thomas,
Many thanks for your helpful comments.
We also use filters and then lock them. However, we have to use a long list of filters (ie car makers). Alternatively we were looking to create drop down menus at page level to categorise the list first (eg Japanese, European and US), country and then car brands.
Thanks,
Al

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

AL_2022
Still unsure on the requirement here but are you looking for drill down filters where you can add categorically one below the other.
If you can give a visual of what you're expecting that would be great.
Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Hi Deepak,
Thank you very much for your suggestions.
The hierarchy approach is what we are going to use. However, we don't really need to limit access to the different dashboard data and only wanted to avoid using filters and have the drop downs on the left hand side.
All the best,
Al

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

AL_2022
Unfortunately there isn't a feature like that available you can go with hierarchy approach and guide the user accordingly.
Hope it helps!

Badge +2

Yes, I agree. Thank you for your comments! Best, Al

Leave a Reply