How can I reverse code SOME of my items in a matrix table? | XM Community
Solved

How can I reverse code SOME of my items in a matrix table?

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’ve seen in some older forum post that note it is not possible, however I still want to ask in case there has been an update to the platform….

Is there any way to reverse code SOME items in a matrix table? I have about 10 items ranging on a Likert scale of 1 to 6. However, some of these items need to be reverse coded. Is there a function that allows me to do so?

Or do we have to manually reverse code after exporting the data?

icon

Best answer by HelpMeOut 16 July 2023, 05:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

You can create two separate questions on one page for first question for 1 to 6 rating scale items and second question from 6 to 1 rating scale items.

Else, you can create embedded field in for reverse rating options and can apply the branch logic and punch the value in embedded field if 6 is selected for first reverse rating option you can punch 1 in the back end. for 5 punch 2 and so on.

3rd option is to update the data. which you have already mentioned in you question.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi,

Above mentioned option will do the work. Else you refer to below post

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks guys. I will have a look at all these and try to figure it out. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Update: I’ve figured it out. You have to go into ‘survey options’  → ‘scoring’ → and then you are able to change the coding of each particular item in the matrix table!

Badge

Update: I’ve figured it out. You have to go into ‘survey options’  → ‘scoring’ → and then you are able to change the coding of each particular item in the matrix table!

Hello! I also tried this way, but I found that the recorded data failed to reverse scoring according to the settings in scoring.

Badge +1

Hi all,

whilst I can reverse score within the matrix in Qualtrics, when I export the preview data thereafter to excel, the reverse scoring does not translate over.

Is there a way to fix this?

Leave a Reply