How to insert audio file in a survey? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, in doing a survey i must add ad audio that the partecipant should be forced to listened to. The first problem is that i can put a file for the audio but if i try to put ad audioplay on the survey itself it responds with ‘You are allowed to use only a subset of HTML markup tags’. In the help section it’s said that i should be able to use MP3 and .wav files to put on the survey but it still doesn’t do it. Also in my homepage there is no allowences to be made for all HTML subsets so i don’t know what to do. Also, if i need to put only the file in it how can i be sure that they must listen to it before going forward. Thanks. 

@Davide Valente

If you don’t have the audio file in mp3 format you can convert it online or via different software.

Post which if you want everyone should hear the audio you can autoplay it on page load by including autoplay=”” by going in source section via rich content editor. 

<audio width="320" preload="auto" height="40" controls="true" class="qmedia" autoplay=""><source type="audio/mp3" src="link"></audio>

You can also write custom code to check if audio was actually played.

I would also recommend including the file in library and pulling it from there.

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply