Loop and merge: export viewing order | XM Community
Solved

Loop and merge: export viewing order

• 19 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,
I have a loop and merge block with a randomised order. Is there anyway to export the viewing order for each participant?
Thank you

icon

Best answer by TomG 19 October 2020, 16:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Under Export -> More Options, check "Export viewing order data for randomized surveys"

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi TomG
Thank you for your answer. I usually do that but it doesn't seem to work for loop and merge. Any idea how to circumvent this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/31247#Comment_31247It works. You probably just missed the fields because they blend in with the questions in the loop. They are in the format loopNumber_questionLabel_DO_choiceId (e.g., 1_Q1_DO_1).

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks but it does not. I initially thought that it was because I also had randomized the answers and had a javascript for the display but even when removing those 2 things, it still doesn't appear. See attached (I am testing with 2 images to see if it works first).
Qualtrics also told me it wasn't possible in their default settings so I guess it's not automatic and I have to include a javascript ?
test bmw part 2 - save order_October 21, 2020_01.12.xlsx

Userlevel 1

What Tom suggested in October does not work. I used the "Loop & Merge" in a recent survey and there are no display order field for the "Loop & Merge" in the data set. I contacted customer support and they informed me this is not possible and it even states that here (under "To loop based on a question" #6):
Loop & MergePlease make this a feature or if it was in the past, please add it back.
Thanks

Leave a Reply