Question answer display logic with TOO MANY conditions | XM Community

Question answer display logic with TOO MANY conditions

• 16 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I'm trying to create a question where the display logic is based on the previous text entry question. My issue is that I have over 100 conditions based on that previous answer - it's very tedious to enter those manually. There has to be a faster/more efficient way to do this. Ideally, I'd love to be able to point the survey to an excel document to base those display logic conditions. Is that possible? Any insight/direction would be greatly appreciated!!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I think I would take the opposite tactic - is there a way to limit the answers to the previous question that the display logic is based off of? When I've faced a similar situation, what I've done is change the previous question to a multiple choice of what the top answers were likely to be, and then an "other" with text entry so that I had to write less conditions for the display logic.

Badge +3

Thank you for that response/idea. Unfortunately, privacy issues prevent that from being an option for this particular issue. Our faculty wouldn't like having to scroll a long list either (they've said they prefer the text entry when the list is long). I appreciate your time.

Leave a Reply