Sharing filtered results with another person | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I am facing a challenge in setting up a Qualtrics and I hope this great community will help me figure out the best way to do so :) 

The situation is the following. There is this Qualtrics survey that will be distributed in a course: this survey is owned by the teacher. At the end of the survey, the respondent can choose if they want to share the results also with the researcher (me). I want to setup Qualtrics so that I automatically receive the data of the respondent who decided to share their data. I cannot own the survey myself, or I will see data that technically was not decided to be shared with me. Is there a way to do so? 

I tried the following: 

1. set up query parameters so that at the end of the survey the ones who accept are redirected to another survey, owned by me. This second survey is set up to receive the query parameters accordingly. In theory feasible, in practice I have too many query parameters for it. 
  2. set up a workflow that gets triggered only when respondent accept, so that a new row is automatically added in a excel owned by me. The problem with this is that the only way in which I made it work is by logging in with my credentials on the other teachers’ laptop, which gives access to my onedrive too, so it was excluded. 
  3. set up in the survey flow that when somebody accepts, they will be redirected to another end of survey flow, which will send to my mail a pdf with the reports. In theory feasible, in practice a bit cumbersome to convert pdf to excel data for every person… 

Does anybody have some idea on how to do this? I am also open to use js, but I could not come up with a good idea on how to do so. 

Thanks in advance, 

Isabella 

Just a random thought and unsure on feasibility.

Theoretically, there may be a possibility to create a workflow in the teacher’s survey that runs both “extract response from survey” and “load response into survey”.

However, you probably have to collaborate your survey with the teacher for the teacher to load and map those responses to the necessary fields.

Hi @Saiph,

You can try workflows with Email task, where you can add a condition to send an email to you with survey response summary if any respondent select yes on the question in the survey where you asking them for sharing summary with you.

I this way you get a separate summary report for each respondent and you dont have to login or dependent on anyone.

Leave a Reply