Up to 3 Choices from previous Question, Prioritizing one option | XM Community
Solved

Up to 3 Choices from previous Question, Prioritizing one option

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Can you someone help me set this up?

I’m trying to make this nps question 2 with selected brand at question 1.

If you pick several options for question 1, only up to 3 can be shown at question2. If you choose BRAND A, make sure it's given priority for display.

question1

I’d appreciate any help, thanks!

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 26 January 2024, 17:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

You can use JS in an hidden question to check if the Brand A is selected then select random other 2 brands else select random 3 brands. Use this JS hidden question in the loop and merge configuration.

Badge +3

Thanks @Shashi !

But I don’t know so much about JS😅

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @hachiware10 LONG MESSAGE ALERT!!!

you can do this with embedded data , randomizer and branch logics via survey flow.

STEP1: 

Create multi select brand question.

STEP 2: 

Create separate NPS questions for every brand in separate blocks. Ignore the pipe text inserted in every question text, I’ll explain it in the further steps.

STEP 3: 

Create branch logics for brand A and embedded data which will capture the exact answer choice value ‘A’. You can hard code the value ‘A’ as well instead of using ‘${q://QID1/ChoiceDescription/1}’. Insert block Brand A so that it will be displayed only when brand A is selected in question 1.

STEP 4:

This branch logic will work when brand A is selected. Insert randomizer and keep its value as 2 instead of 3 as the third brand question will be A. Create branch logics for other brands (B,C,D,E,F) and insert appropriate question blocks as well similar to that of step 3.

STEP 5: 

This branch will work when brand A is not selected in question 1. Keep the randomizer value as 3 as it will pick 3 brand questions excluding brand A. Repeat the same process again to create branch logics for all the brands.

STEP 6: Now you can insert all the embedded data (which I asked you to ignore in the step 2) in the appropriate brand NPS questions respectively.

NOTE: Brand A branch logic will be not inside the randomizer as it has to be prioritized.

Badge +3

@omkarkewat 

It worked! Thank you so much for the detail and explanation! It was super helpful😊

Leave a Reply