Assign fields to Groups in dashboard data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,
I have a dashboard with many sources, and the list of fields is growing quite long.
I'd like to make some "generic groups" just to group some of the fields together so I can also collapse the groups in the field list.
I can make Generic groups, but I can't seem to be able to drag&drop my existing fields into that group... am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to group existing fields together and can you only do that when adding new fields?

I've tried this unsuccessfully as well. Would love the ability to do so. If you submit a product idea on this, I'll upvote :)

JoycaV You can add existing fields to a group, but you can't drag and drop. You would need to create the group and add the fields to it. At this point, you'd have the field listed twice and would need to delete the one not in the group. Unfortunately, that will break any widgets associated with the field you delete.

Thanks for your comment jmborzick. That it exactly what I mean by "a new field". Only by pressing the "new field" button, you are able to add fields into a group. You can't reorganize the fields that are already in the list.
Your reply pointed my attention to this topic again and I remembered that I didn't make an Idea for this yet as InessaG suggested. So I did that now, feel free to vote :)
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/18438/add-existing-fields-into-generic-groups-in-dashboard-data/p1?new=1

I just noticed that today it seems to be possible to drag existing fields into generic groups! :D
I don't know since when, I didn't see this in a weekly release note, but I'm happy that it's possible now 🙂

Leave a Reply