Calculating average change over time per individual | XM Community
Question

Calculating average change over time per individual

• 6 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I have a survey that respondents should complete every 3 months as they go through a year long programme (though they don’t always complete it). In this survey is a health measure that comes out with an average that indicates how ‘healthy’ they are, within certain parameters. Each individual also has a unique ID number that they put in at the start of the survey.

I’m looking for a way to calculate for a dashboard the average change in ‘health’ over time per individual. Once I’ve got the average I’d ideally like to just be able to pop it into a Number Chart or a Gauge Chart.

As far as I can work out, there are a few steps to it (not sure if this is the only way but this is how it makes sense to me - I welcome other suggestions!):

1. Identify responses with the same ID number
  2. Identify the earliest and latest of these (this won’t always be within the last calendar quarter as sometimes respondents skip a survey)
  3. Calculate the change in ‘health’ between the earliest and latest responses (either as a number or as a percentage)
  4. Calculate the average of all the changes

Steps 1 & 2 are the ones I’m most stuck on - I think if those are figured out then I could do 3 & 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you are sending out emails through Qualtrics, then I would recommend adding the score as an ED to the directory contact. Can be done through workflow. This was you can reference all via their email and proceed as planned.

Badge +5

Unfortunately we don’t send them out through Qualtrics :( Thank you though!

Leave a Reply