Combine Comments into a Final Comment Box | XM Community
Question

Combine Comments into a Final Comment Box

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a survey that allows for many opportunities for comments. 

At the end of a block, I have a final opportunity to give additional debrief. For those that already gave comments throughout, I would like this final block comment box to compile the previous comments. 

In an effort to maintain motivation to complete my survey. How do I incorporate this?

4 replies

Badge +1

Hoping to clarify immediately. 

Q - Likert

Q- Open text.

Q- Likert

Q-Open Text

Q-Likert

Q-Open Text

(For about 10 Questions)

Then there this a Final opportunity for open text to comment on the entire section.

^^This is where I would like to pull all of the previous “Q-open text” into this final overall comment. To avoid receiving the response, “see my previous comments.”

Then the survey participant Review scores

& then begins the Start of a new assessment area. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @FRHART
Will the final overall comment just display the combined answers from all open text questions or you want the respondents to edit that combined answer as well?
If its the first case, you can use pipe text feature to pull the answers from all the open text questions. You can separate each answer by a comma or anything you like. Please see some reference below.

you can create an embedded data (for e.g., open end) to store all the answers and then display it in the next block
something like this

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can use the “Default choices” option on the final question and in the default choices just pipe in the previous responses to those questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

I would also look to use pipe text @omkarkewat suggested.  However if you want to show all responses (as the scores may be useful context when participants review the verbatim responses provided) you can also show a summary of the whole response by using end of survey element in the survey flow. Select Show Response Summary > Show Response Summary before completing the survey.

Leave a Reply