Creating a Groupby filter of date on a widget | XM Community
Question

Creating a Groupby filter of date on a widget

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

I want to have a select filter on the widget based on dates. The current allows me to view based on days. There’s an option in edit mode to filter out data by weeks ,months etc. but it is fixed.

I want to have a filter (highlighted in yellow below) with options like By Week, By days, By Month etc.

in view mode. 

Hope you guys can crack it. Thank you so much.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Benjamin_Rai ,

I recommend adding a page filter by incorporating the field ‘Survey Metadata - End Date’ as demonstrated in the screenshot below:

This feature will allow you to filter the data according to your specific criteria. Below screenshot is for your referenece:

You can even select custom date range as well in this filter.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hi Sachin, 

Thank you for your response. but its same as applying filter on an individual widget, the response cuts are still day wise.

I want this filter(below pic) on overall level (as yours) or on individual widget. The client wants to see week wise , month wise etc. as per their filter selection.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Benjamin_Rai,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to add a filter to address your issue on individual widgets as demonstrated in my previous suggestion. However, you can apply an overall page filter, which should address your concern. Users can select options such as 'Day', 'Week', or even specify a custom date range, and the entire dashboard will adjust accordingly.

I've previously recommended adding a 'Page Filter' for this purpose. For further details, please refer to the link provided:

[Link]

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hi @Sachin Nandikol,

The overall filter too results in day wise cuts. Its not week wise or month wise comparison (group by). Thank you so much for trying it out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey,

Have you considered adding a widget with the X-axis set to "End date" and a locked filter applied on a weekly basis. Now Duplicate this widget and set the filter to monthly instead. By doing this, you can display both side by side. Feel free to adjust the filter based on your needs.

Leave a Reply