CX dashboard, view restrictions | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a dashboard with 100+ people who are able to view all pages in it. I essentially want to create a private page and only share it with 3 people. I know I can place data restrictions and page access on all the other users so that they cannot see the new private page, but the thought of having to edit 100+ users from view all data to customizing it sounds very time consuming. Hoping someone has a tricky work around for this.

You can create a role and add your biiger group to this role. Rather than sharing dashboard individually with 100+ people share it with group and tock only pages you want to share. 

For rest 3-4 people share all pages + additional pages. 

Private pages can not be shared with others and are private to user who created same. 

You can create role by going to user admin in dashboard. 

@Aggarwal the 100+ people already have access to the dashboard, so I would have to manually add them all to the group. Yes, this is doable, but I was hoping to save myself a few hundred clicks.

Hi @kgillis, I think I have a trick for you

1. Create your “New Page”
  2. Proxy login to that 3 users and make a private copy of that “New Page” (make sure they have permission to create private page)
  3. Delete the public “New Page” just created

Next time, you should use Dashboard Role to manage your user. This should save you a lot of clicks

Leave a Reply