CX dashboard widget - display % of total with widget filters applied | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have added filters to a number chart to show the number of people that responded to the top box in each of 3 specific questions (very satisfied, very likely to recommend, very likely to continue as customer). The output is the number of respondents that meet all the filter conditions. I would like to display the output as a percent of total respondents instead.

I don’t see how I can add calculations to a number chart or add filters to Custom Metrics or Calculations. Do I need a different widget type?

Be sure to map the question as a Number Set (in addition to Text Set) - if you didn’t recode within the survey itself, make sure to check any recoding needs within the mapping.

Then for the Metric, select Top Box/Bottom Box, the field you mapped, and the range you’d like to include in the % calculation. Make sure to check Options setting that it’s showing as %.

Since it only lets me select one metric at a time, this recommendation works if I want to list those that selected the top box for the 3 questions separately (Q1, Q2, Q3).

I need to show those that selected the top box of all 3 questions (the middle of a 3-circle Venn diagram).

Then Custom Metric is the way to go - it’ll be “Count / Count”

For the first count, you’ll add each of these fields as filters and value ranges of what to include. Something like the ones below. Then the first count will be a subset of total count and will give you that %.

That worked, thank you very much, especially for the quick response!

Leave a Reply