Dashboard Filter - YTD through Previous Month | XM Community

Dashboard Filter - YTD through Previous Month

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I am setting up dashboards with survey data that will be delivered monthly to our internal teams. I need to have the data filtered as year-to-date data but only through the previous month.
For example, if a user was to look at the dashboard today 3/16 then they would see Jan + Feb 2022 data. And if the user was to look at the dashboard on say 4/2 then they would see Jan + Feb + Mar 2022 data.
I can't use the Year to Date checkbox because that would include data through the current date. I can't use Shift Back because depending on the day it would change (today I'd need to shift back 16 days to last month, but tomorrow I'd need to shift back 17 days). It doesn't seem like the custom time frames work, nor the Last XX days.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Did you find a solution for your problem?  I was wondering because I have a similar date filter issue. 

Badge

I am setting up dashboards with survey data that will be delivered monthly to our internal teams. I need to have the data filtered as year-to-date data but only through the previous month.
For example, if a user was to look at the dashboard today 3/16 then they would see Jan + Feb 2022 data. And if the user was to look at the dashboard on say 4/2 then they would see Jan + Feb + Mar 2022 data.
I can't use the Year to Date checkbox because that would include data through the current date. I can't use Shift Back because depending on the day it would change (today I'd need to shift back 16 days to last month, but tomorrow I'd need to shift back 17 days). It doesn't seem like the custom time frames work, nor the Last XX days.

I'm also looking for a way to filter like this :)

Leave a Reply