Dashboard Traffic: Can I see who views my dashboard, and how often? | XM Community

Dashboard Traffic: Can I see who views my dashboard, and how often?

• 15 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,
I have a dashboard that's shared with dozens of section and department managers, all of whom have been granted Qualtrics access as a read- and export-only user type. Sharing the dashboard has gone off without a hitch, but now I'm wondering how much (or whether) the client is actioning the information they've received. To that end, I want to know how often these managers and decision-makers actually view the dash.
Given that everybody has to log in to view the dashboard, is it possible to track which users have viewed the dashboard within a given period?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you are a brand admin, you have access to this. Otherwise, you can ask yours.
In Admin module, Content Engagement report allows viewing this:
image.png

Badge +1

This is very helpful, thank you InessaG! This provides very good high-level usage stats. Is there any way to dive deeper into which users view certain dashboards, or is this as much as we can get with regards to visits and page views?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

TallStranger there is a section under what I showed that should be able to do this. However, it's showing up all blank for me. Would be great if that started working again.

Badge +1

Understood. Thanks again InessaG for your prompt and effective replies.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48490#Comment_48490InessaG - I honestly did not know this was a thing! FYI - I changed the date range from 1 month to 6 months and the section below populated. I exported and see you can opt to include individual user data. So helpful!
I actually have a product idea posted due to the limited visibility admins have over the end users. I feel like both of you would benefit from this visibility, too? If so, would love an upvote to see if we can get some traction on this: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/19182/more-admin-visibility-into-end-user-behavior#latest

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

CMurph Ha! Qualtrics at its best. That bottom section also populated for me when I changed to 6 months. And then when I changed back to 1 month, it refreshed as well. It just doesn't like to when you first load the page, I guess....

Badge +4

I have located all of the information shared in this thread.

Can I assume that it is not (yet) possible to see exactly what users visited  each dashboard and when?   

It would be nice to know exactly which users are accessing the dashbaords and how often.

Badge

You could export Content Details and select “Include data about each dashboard visitor” to see how often which users visited which dashboard. 

Badge +4

@basanii Thanks for the heads up and tip on this!    This definitely helps me get some of the data I am looking for.

Leave a Reply