How to add external data source to calculate a response rate widget in dashboard? | XM Community
Question

How to add external data source to calculate a response rate widget in dashboard?

• 27 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Want- Visualization to help a stakeholder understand the response rate. 

Background- We distributed our survey using the anonymous link option. We have sent out two rounds of survey invitations on two different dates, so far.

Our email service provider sends out the emails to our customers so we don’t have the data for number of emails sent in Qualtrics.

We DO have the invitation count from each of the sent dates available to import, if there is an option for it.

Desired Solution- Widget in the dashboard to show the number of invitations sent during a filtered time frame

Current Solution- I am currently updating a rich text widget to be “total invitations sent” but it won’t be accurate if someone uses the date filter. (see 351 right widget in screenshot below) 

Is there a way that I can manually set the different dates on which we sent the invitations?

Example-

Invitation 1, Jan 1: 210 emails

Invitation 2, Feb 1:  150 emails

Filter on dashboard from Jan 1-31, widget =210 emails

1 reply

Badge +5

I am also interested in a widget that can display total invitations sent, responses, and response rate. When I looked into creating this, I was told by Qualtrics support that the dashboards can’t pull data from the panels or survey distribution tab so this couldn’t be created, even through calculated metrics.

My solution was to create a bar chart that had the number of responses and add the N (invitations) and RR (response rate) as text in the label. The label text is not dynamic so it won’t change with filters, but it got the job done.

Leave a Reply