How to append new data in an Imported Data Project? | XM Community

How to append new data in an Imported Data Project?

Badge +2

The imported data project type is a really helpful tool to be able to report on operational data through CX Dashboards. However, I have several use cases where new data will need to be added to the project. I have tried using the Re-import Data feature by exporting the data set and appending the new data to the export and re-importing the data but have not had success getting the data to successfully upload.

I end up having to scrap the project and build a survey project which guarantees the ability to import operational data while also being able to add new data without having to re-map the dataset in the CX dashboard every time I need to update.

Anyone have success with appending new data to an Imported Data project? Any tips?

3 replies

Badge

I encounter the same problem, every time. Very frustrating, and support is basically nonexistent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello AshleyB
This can be tedious at times, hence you can use blank survey project and use an API task it can do the work for you easily.
https://api.qualtrics.com/daed82306b1ea-update-response
For the Imported data project make sure you have an ID column else Qualtrics will add new rows.
Hope this helps

Badge +1

Same issue here, quite annoying that a basic feature like this is not working correctly.

Leave a Reply